Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diapers on a plane...

Default Diapers on a plane...

Im moving to canada, and i wanna know to go about wearing diapers on a plane, like security and the trip, does anyone have suggestions?

It's fine! Congrats on moving to Canada! It's a great place. I'm thinking of doing the same thing, Australia for a while.. then off into the big world! NZ's too small for a engineer.

They have scanner machines that will know that you are wearing one but the image is (should be) confidential and I'm betting that only a few security officers would ever see it but forget ur face or name; International flights are professional.
    They aren't friendly anyone 'ever', you'd be treated no differently, rules regulations, rules and thousands of people.
    They are just there to ensure that everyone will be safe in a thin metal box 33000ft in the air + make sure homeland is safe.

Wear it on the plane by all means! Make sure you wear a thick one and get a seat near the isle so you won't have to crinkle past the row to hit the toilets (at least once to remove suspicion on the loong flight).
    Molicare from Nurse Mead is fine, double them up, its a 11+ hour flight, I don't think it's that easy to change, let alone grab diapers. Put two in the carry on bag, they'll show up on the scanner but the TSA guy would confer that you are wearing one, so not packets of drugs lol.

You'll be up for a bit more scrutiny when you enter a country rather than leaving so be prepared for that. It'll be much easier if you bring NOTHING that you have to declare on arrival. Else the chance of search goes up 60-100%. e.g dirty boots is 100% chance of search.

Good luck! Enjoy buying Bambinos and stuff on Amazon, Ebay and XPMedical lol.

EDIT: I overlooked a crucial factor that the others said. Don't go to a checkpoint wet!
    Last edited by Gingaburger; 06-May-2014 at 14:38.

I just made a trip to Texas, wearing a Depend Real Fit, and no one was any the wiser. I did get scanned, and I even saw the scan that showed the wallet in my back pocket, but nothing else. No one said anything, and no one, so far as I could tell, could see anything.

That said, I wasn't wearing a thick diaper, which I think is asking to be called out. Second, my underwear was try. Wet a thick diaper before going through security and I think you're almost guaranteed to get searched . . . like, pants-down searched. If that's your thing, go for it. If not, think carefully.

-RMS

There has been a thread on here about the TSA in the US. I would also highly recommend being dry going through security as they were brutal (probably not the same in most countries though).

Not heard about the drug thing. I need to pack night time diapers for business trips. Do you think that will be a problem Gingaburger? Especially don't want to be questioned when traveling with colleagues 😳

Anyway flyingkiwi. You've made an awesome choice of countries. Welcome to Canada soon.

I just wore all day yesterday on my flight back. Between connections and delays, a 14 hour day. I had a few extra diapers and booster in my carry-on backpack, which drew no attention. (I did however, randomly have to get my hands swabbed for explosives. That was scary) One thing I did, and will continue to do, is pretty much try and change anytime before I board. Just because in the airport it's going to possible to find a handicapped stall or such, and way easier to deal with, at least for me. (taking your changing bag into the lav on the flight may attract some unwanted attention. be careful) Also, be extra mindful of the things in your carry-on that kind of make them go through your bag, like forgetting to empty your water bottle, or some nonsense security measure.

Of all the years I have been flying I have only been searched once and that was two years ago. I did get the pat down. Yes I was wearing a Molicare Super Plus. Yes they did notice. I explained I am a disable veteran with MS and I am both bladder & bowel incontinent. I carry both by VA card and a VA printout of my disabilities just incase. After that incident I was never pat down searched again.

Hello there. My usual strategy, just get through security and then get diapered. As some of our friends above have mentioned, even wearing during the security screening should be fine, I just don't take any chances now.

Occasionally (when airport is quiet) they do random checks of carry-on bags.. I always put the diapers in a separate bag within and if they start taking things out to inspect, I ask for some discreetness when they get to that. They usually pause, glance within, and then look more embarrassed than me, quickly returning it.

I never wear on longer flights, as the changing process is a bit of a challenge. I drink a lot, and pee a lot when up in the air. Easier to just use the loo.

Enjoy the travels!

Quote Originally Posted by babymt View Post
    There has been a thread on here about the TSA in the US. I would also highly recommend being dry going through security as they were brutal (probably not the same in most countries though).

Not heard about the drug thing. I need to pack night time diapers for business trips. Do you think that will be a problem Gingaburger? Especially don't want to be questioned when traveling with colleagues 

Anyway flyingkiwi. You've made an awesome choice of countries. Welcome to Canada soon.
    Everything is up to several factors; watchlists, behaviour, TSA officer type, country (if china you are fine, if US, um yea).

I feel that you should not because you are travelling with Colleagues, not friends. The main concern I have is the way you pack your carry on.
    If you have a odd clump of pencils and pens (pencil case), they will search it for craft knives/pointy things before you get on. If you have any overly large bottles, they will open ur case.

However I wouldn't be certain, Business Class are treated with somewhat less scrutiny. Especially if the go via VIP route.

N.B. Being searched is a common thing, chances are, you're having those diapers exposed =P would you risk your reputation at work?

Soakingboy's idea of using a secondary bag is genius!

Over the years, I have flown several hundred times. And since I have frequent urge incontinence, I'm always diapered. I always have two or three spare diapers in my carry-on luggage and a larger number of them in my checked baggage. I've had my carry-on bag examined several times, and I've also been patted down a few times. No one has ever made an issue of my diapers.

I always wear a high-capacity diaper when flying and watch my fluid intake before and during the flight. Airplane toilets are too small to change in easily; and the waste containers in the toilets are too small to get a used diaper into without problems.

Congrats on moving to Canada! You'll find that we're friendly, but you may not like our winters. There's a saying that Canada is like Australia with bad weather.

I have never flown, but nice to hear everyone's experiences.

F.L.