Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do younger AB/DLs need?

Default What do younger AB/DLs need?

Understanding Infantilism.org turns 20 next year. When I first set it up, I was a young AB/DL myself and so had a fair idea of what younger ABDLs needed back then.

However, the needs of younger AB/DLs have changed dramatically. With the Internet, information is more abundant. With Bambino and others, good diaper-like diapers are much easier to get. Etc. I'd like to keep the web page relevant, and that means meeting the needs of the AB/DL community, especially the younger ones.

What do today's younger AB/DLs need?

Information is more abundant, but that means finding GOOD information is usually harder. Keeping a small assortment of well organized top tier information means a lot. Also while ABDL sites are more common clean, more professional ones that SOs can turn to for information are still rarer.

I would recommend cleaning up the navigation and creating sections linked in the header for sharing in a relationship. One for the SO when they come with questions/concerns, and another with the risks/rewards on telling your SO, as well as advice on when and how.

To put it...rather bluntly?

They need ADISC.

Ever since moving past the teenage years myself, I've kind of lost sight of what other sites exist out there. But, I was fortunate to discover this site at a pretty early age (after first encountering the nastier d**ker-like side of TBDL at first). As such, I'm not entirely sure if such a community as the old ADISC even exists anymore. If that's true, I doubt there's a single non-f'ed up site even in existence anymore, which is a tremendous shame to the tbdl's of today.

I understand the legal issues of such a site even existing in today's paranoid, hyper-sensitive society...but the void that is currently out there is quite possibly more damaging than any of us who had the opportunity to grow up in the previous age of tbdl can imagine. Sometimes I feel like we take it for granted.

I can't imagine how lost and alone a lot of younger people possibly feel these days with no tangible place to turn. Instead they're forced to look towards far less savory sites, and in some cases I'm sure..even fake their ages out of sheer necessity. It feels somewhat selfish and unhelpful to quietly wish them the best of luck at navigating through a really crazy period of their life with little to no support from others that understand them.

EDIT - This is random, but DAMN what ever happened to Fox Tales Times? I used to really like that site. CS was a helluva writer.

They need the ability to converse in a online setting in a open honest way without having their parents shut down the site through a lawsuit. As there's no obvious answer to how that can be prevented well we have had to settle down to the next best thing.

Thanks, Cauthon. Parents and significant others have been a primary audience for Understanding Infantilism.org from the start. I'll see if I can get a handle on what information they want and how best to present it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    They need ADISC...
    ADISC and Understanding Infantilism.org aren't in competition. ADISC is a great resource that meets needs, but perhaps there are still unmet needs.

Quote Originally Posted by accepted View Post
    They need the ability to converse in a online setting in a open honest way without having their parents shut down the site through a lawsuit.
    True. Interaction with minors is problematic. However, they can still benefit from non-interactive sources of accurate and accessible information. Of course, this requires a proactive understanding of what they need to know. (Even though ADISC's forums appear to be searchable without a login, someone needs to have asked their question first.)

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by BitterGrey View Post
    Even though ADISC's forums appear to be searchable without a login, someone needs to have asked their question first.
    Not so, while the search function is visible to all, you need to be logged in to use it.

emberthefox

I personaly think the site looks fine it was the first site to pop up on opra search engion that made sence to me. (When ever the want to wear diapers really kicked in I thought I was going crazy.) The sits information proved me wrong it was a relife to know I was not alone. Thank you.

I think tips on security are a good idea, for example, using incognito browsing/deleting history.

Thanks, Cauthon. Parents and significant others have been a primary audience for Understanding Infantilism.org from the start. I'll see if I can get a handle on what information they want and how best to present it.

ADISC and Understanding Infantilism.org aren't in competition. ADISC is a great resource that meets needs, but perhaps there are still unmet needs.

True. Interaction with minors is problematic. However, they can still benefit from non-interactive sources of accurate and accessible information. Of course, this requires a proactive understanding of what they need to know. (Even though ADISC's forums appear to be searchable without a login, someone needs to have asked their question first.)
    What about some sort of AI interaction?? It's more dynamic than static, but isn't a corruptible person... An AI girl Friday of sorts... Obviously not an immediate answer... but, I think the interaction and sorts of fun...helps to ease things...

There used to be AI chat bots... does anyone do that anymore??

It's an idea!

-Marka

Understanding Infantilism really, REALLY saved my bacon as a kid.

I never had the guts to show it to my super-ultra conservative parents while a teenager, as I probably should have, as it helped to explain things FAR better than I ever could...but it did help a confused, often stupid teenager make sense of what was (back then) a really confusing and chaotic part of me. It helped to understand things much better than the sort of skewed, untrue reality I imagined tbdl SHOULD have been, according to the way I was raised.

That site was sort of the kick in the butt that led me towards a place like adisc.

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    What about some sort of AI interaction?? It's more dynamic than static, but isn't a corruptible person... An AI girl Friday of sorts... Obviously not an immediate answer... but, I think the interaction and sorts of fun...helps to ease things...

There used to be AI chat bots... does anyone do that anymore??

It's an idea!

-Marka
    http://cleverbot.com/

Not quite so 'clever', but it can be hilarious at times!