Thread: Re-Introduction

Default Re-Introduction

Hello everyone; I wanted to reintroduce myself as I havenít been that active on here in a while and so much has happened since I joined this site back in January 2008.

How did you find ADISC?
    I found ADISC as TBDL.org back in Nov. 07 and was very happy with what I saw. It was a place where people actually had intelligent discussions about things instead of the typical forum were people would just yell at each other. I felt a sense of acceptance I had never felt before because I had been into DL stuff since I was a kid and never knew there were people out there that had the same feelings I did.

What is the origin of your Username?
    My first name on here was Kenshin as I was a big fan of Ruroni Kenshin and actually looked like him a bit in high school. I eventually changed it to Takashi because of Takashi Morinozuka from Ouran High School Host Club. Takashi was a strong silent type character that I felt a connection with.

AB/DL/Sissy/BF?
    I am a DL/Caregiver that is also exploring the idea of being a furry. If I had to pick a fursona it would be a wolf.

What are you doing with your life?
    I am a college student going for my Associates degree in Mass Communications. I am a writer and have written a novel that you can find here. I have had a podcast since Dec. 09 that went live a year ago on tf52.com. A link to the showís Facebook page is in my signature. Note: If you check out the show please reframe from mentioning this site; my co-hosts know about this side of me but I would prefer to keep this part of my life private.

Favorite Books, Shows, Music, and Food
    Books
    -The Outsiders
    -Freak the Mighty
    -Tex
    -That Was Then, This Is Now

Shows
    -Family Guy
    -The Simpsons
    -American Dad
    -Anime Ė Dragon Ball Z, Death Note, Deadman Wonderland, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Ruroni Kenshin, Ouran High School Host Club and many more.
    -The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
    -WWE
    -Top Gear UK

Music
    -Green Day
    -Bowling For Soup
    -Insane Clown Posse
    -Twiztid
    -Rammstein
    -Eisbrecher

Food
    -Burgers
    -Fried Chicken
    -Irish
    -Cuban Sandwiches
    -Chinese

It has been a long road with this site. Iíve seen great people come and go but it is great to see that some of the people that joined back in the siteís beginning are still around. ADISC has gone over a few changes but the spirit of this site and what it represents is still alive and well. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Welcome back! You haven't been gone too long, have you? I joined a year ago and I thought you were around then?

I was but I used to be on here everyday and always on the IRC. Recently I've only been on here once every two weeks or so and hardly on IRC. Now I am going to be more active like I used to.

Hey, Takashi! I remember you! Don't the years fly by?! Nice re-intro! Welcome back! :-)

Haha...I remember you too. There's a few of us who are still on. You might check to see if your novel is still in the story forum. Moo had to start it over as too much was collected to oversee. You could always re-post it. It will be good to see your presence again.

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    Hello everyone; I wanted to reintroduce myself as I havenít been that active on here in a while and so much has happened since I joined this site back in January 2008.

How did you find ADISC?
    I found ADISC as TBDL.org back in Nov. 07 and was very happy with what I saw. It was a place where people actually had intelligent discussions about things instead of the typical forum were people would just yell at each other. I felt a sense of acceptance I had never felt before because I had been into DL stuff since I was a kid and never knew there were people out there that had the same feelings I did.

"..."..."

It has been a long road with this site. Iíve seen great people come and go but it is great to see that some of the people that joined back in the siteís beginning are still around. ADISC has gone over a few changes but the spirit of this site and what it represents is still alive and well. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Welcome back, Takashi!

Though I don't know my handle from back then... I was on TBDL.org, I believe as far back as 2005... I had an extended hiatus when the changeover occurred to ADISC... which I had signed up to, and forget for a period...

But, here we are!

Good to see you back!
    -Marka

Welcome back Takashi
    I'm glad to hear that you are going to be more active again on the forum.