Thread: A couple questions on Paci's.

Question A couple questions on Paci's.

So I'm starting to suck my paci more often and have tried to sleep with it but I'm have hard times with it I'm just wondering a few things from people who use there paci more then I.

When I suck my paci after a while my jaws and lips start to hurt and it dosnt really become enjoyful to use anymore. Is it because it's to small or is it because I'm not used to it and my maw isn't used the the small item and content suckle? If it's to small what tipe should I get instead?

Also, when I try to sleep with it it's hard to fall asleep if at all and if I even do it tends to fall out. How long did it take you to properly sleep with your paci? And what can do to help -fall- asleep with it.

Thanks to all that answer *hugs and wags* -Anna

Well there is nothing other than use to get to the point where you keep it in. Also adults need to use the adult size pacifier the NUK 5 or 6 or 7. Take a look at baby-pants.com and pacifiersrus.com.

Yes the hurting is probably do to the size. The pacifiers in the stores are made for 3 years old and under. So I strongly recommend you get a larger one. It will make sucking it much more enjoyable.

I use a regular paci like one you would find in any store, it hurt my teeth at first but after a few nights it went away, now it doesn't bother me at all and it stays in all night.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithegirlysergal View Post
    So I'm starting to suck my paci more often and have tried to sleep with it but I'm have hard times with it I'm just wondering a few things from people who use there paci more then I.

When I suck my paci after a while my jaws and lips start to hurt and it dosnt really become enjoyful to use anymore. Is it because it's to small or is it because I'm not used to it and my maw isn't used the the small item and content suckle? If it's to small what tipe should I get instead?

Also, when I try to sleep with it it's hard to fall asleep if at all and if I even do it tends to fall out. How long did it take you to properly sleep with your paci? And what can do to help -fall- asleep with it.

Thanks to all that answer *hugs and wags* -Anna
    Seems you're using too small or not "user friendly" paci for you, may be fault of training for paci sleeping... Which model are yours pacis ?

It's a nuk from Walmart, I don't really know which one but I got the biggest one they had.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithegirlysergal View Post
    It's a nuk from Walmart, I don't really know which one but I got the biggest one they had.
    I think all the problems are from using one that is simply too small for you. Try getting an adult one from Pacifers R Us, Baby pants, Amazon, or ebay.

Nuk makes a size 4 for children, and there is also the adult size 5. Pacifiers R Us, makes a "Nuk 6 & 7". They aren't officially Nuk pacifiers, but they use the same shield and the nipple is modeled after the Nuk one.

Baby pants, takes the Nuk 5 nipple and can change it out for a colored shield usually found on the pacifiers size 1-3 (The adult Nuk only officially comes in a white shield, but a few companies and people will trade out the shield for different ones.

I've got a Nuk 7 and love it. I finally stopped myself from sucking my thumb a couple of years ago. But until that point, I'd suck my thumb all day long and at night. I'll sometimes get out my Nuk 7 and use it at night, and it's very relaxing.

Yeah, gotta get bigger ones online. And I find the best way to work towards longer use time is just to keep it in longer for each use. I started out by having it in my mouth for 5 minutes, then 10 the next time. Then 15, then 30, then an hour. But I'm working on having it in overnight if I want to. So it just takes time. And again, get a bigger size meant for adults. It's been said but Pacifiers R Us is the best place. While expensive, it's definitely worth every penny.

IF you get a "baby" one, then get the regular tip kind versus the shaped ones! It will really help!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazySmoker View Post
    Seems you're using too small or not "user friendly" paci for you, may be fault of training for paci sleeping... Which model are yours pacis ?
    I think I saw a post of yours that said you made your own teats before out of silicone or latex. Do you have any links or tips how you did that?