Thread: Re-Re-Introduction

Default Re-Re-Introduction

Yeah... dejavu. I have done this before. I know. And chances are I will do it again at some point. But every once in a while I like coming back and 'resetting'.

I kinda have a problem with taking things too seriously on online communities. I let something get under my skin and it takes away my entire ability to even enjoy a community. I like to blame it on others, and they certainly do need to take some of the blame. But I know that it is a bit of a character flaw of mine. I get too invested and when something goes wrong, I get 'too' hurt over it. But just like a youngster, I usually bounce back and am able to find my happiness once again and move on. So here I am back again and ready to be my same old happy self and move on.

So what's new? Lots actually. I am no longer as nocturnal as I used to be (he says while writing a post at 4am). Yes, I still stay up late from time to time, but it is only by choice now. I used to work the night shift and even though it wasn't terrible, it did mess up my circadian rhythm a bit. I still can't sleep at night as well as I used to. But three years of being awake all night and asleep all day will do that to you. I actually lost that job due to new management wanting to hire all new staff (and pay them minimum wage instead of what they were paying me). I was a bit bummed, especially since they didn't give me any notice.

But I consider it a blessing in disguise. I found a new job and it is the best job I have had in a long time. It is definitely the most emotionally awarding job I have every had, even though it is not exactly financially awarding. I feel like I get to make a difference in young people's life... which is pretty awesome. That is about as much detail as I want to give though.

IN other news... well.. actually, that's about it. Not much has changed since last time I re-introduced myself.

Will I be as active I used to be back in my former glory days now that I am back? Probably not. I won't be around as often and a lot of my good friends are no longer here.

Will I at least try to be more involved than I once was? Probably not. I have lost interest in the RP section of this site and have too much to do IRL to be as involved as I once was.

Will I get upset at something and disappear for another several months again? I will honestly try not too, but one bad thing about character flaws is that they are hard to get rid of, so I hope not, but... who knows.

Anyway. Glad to be back and hope to meet new friends and reconnect with old ones. See ya around adiscers.

Hello again.

I always like to see your view on issues.

Egor

Quote Originally Posted by LilMonkeyAlex View Post
    Yeah... dejavu. I have done this before. I know. And chances are I will do it again at some point. But every once in a while I like coming back and 'resetting'.

I kinda have a problem with taking things too seriously on online communities. I let something get under my skin and it takes away my entire ability to even enjoy a community. I like to blame it on others, and they certainly do need to take some of the blame. But I know that it is a bit of a character flaw of mine. I get too invested and when something goes wrong, I get 'too' hurt over it. But just like a youngster, I usually bounce back and am able to find my happiness once again and move on. So here I am back again and ready to be my same old happy self and move on.

So what's new? Lots actually. I am no longer as nocturnal as I used to be (he says while writing a post at 4am). Yes, I still stay up late from time to time, but it is only by choice now. I used to work the night shift and even though it wasn't terrible, it did mess up my circadian rhythm a bit. I still can't sleep at night as well as I used to. But three years of being awake all night and asleep all day will do that to you. I actually lost that job due to new management wanting to hire all new staff (and pay them minimum wage instead of what they were paying me). I was a bit bummed, especially since they didn't give me any notice.

But I consider it a blessing in disguise. I found a new job and it is the best job I have had in a long time. It is definitely the most emotionally awarding job I have every had, even though it is not exactly financially awarding. I feel like I get to make a difference in young people's life... which is pretty awesome. That is about as much detail as I want to give though.

IN other news... well.. actually, that's about it. Not much has changed since last time I re-introduced myself.

Will I be as active I used to be back in my former glory days now that I am back? Probably not. I won't be around as often and a lot of my good friends are no longer here.

Will I at least try to be more involved than I once was? Probably not. I have lost interest in the RP section of this site and have too much to do IRL to be as involved as I once was.

Will I get upset at something and disappear for another several months again? I will honestly try not too, but one bad thing about character flaws is that they are hard to get rid of, so I hope not, but... who knows.

Anyway. Glad to be back and hope to meet new friends and reconnect with old ones. See ya around adiscers.
    How did I miss this? I found this post and saw that you posted it 3 days ago!

Anyway LilMonkeyAlex, I will never get tired of your re-introductions or posts. Rather, I myself have taken time away from online forums for much the same reasons. Sometimes it is beneficial to step away to clear ones' head. Online forum content can sometimes be a bit over-filling (kinda like corned beef hash). It leaves one over indulged to the point of needing to vomit. Sometimes it is just simply overload. The context, subject, and material often seems retalitory in nature and results in a twisted reality of sorts. A reprieve or break from such admonition is often needed and a requisite for a sane existence.

Glad to see you around again and look forward to your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by LilMonkeyAlex View Post

"..."..."..."

Welcome back, Alex!

It's good to see you grow through your experiences... I look forward to seeing your happy self again!

-Marka

Darn, my plan to post at an outrageous time of night and sneak back in unnoticed failed. :P

Thanks, Ilostthesheriff, Marka, Egor, and Near.

It's good to be back.

Welcome back Alex. I have worked night duty before, but have not been up at 4:00 am for a few months. I sleep like a baby now.
    So sorry about your job. I think my job is going to go south soon as well.