Thread: Self Analysis And Identification

Default Self Analysis And Identification

I think at this point, I feel confident that I know what I am as far as these infantilism tendencies go. However, that doesn't stop me from wanting to learn more about myself. I could go in-depth, I could put it in a concise manner; the point is, I know what these interests mean to me.

Now, I realize this is an abstract question, so feel free to go ham on it. Whether these interests bring you pleasure, or a personal trait. Do you feel confident you know yourself?

I feel confident and comfortable with myself, in that i know where i stand on the AB/DL line, and where diapers fit into my lifestyle.

acorn

I am usually comfortable with myself and generally speaking can be predicted in what I'd say and do in a given situations. Fifty plus years down the road the learning curve has all but levelled off.

It is less about what interests a person and more about being faced with challenge's outside your comfort zone, you then get to see who you really are. For better or worse there you have it, short and sweet - your abstract answer!

Default Self Analysis And Identification

It took me pretty much the entirety of my teen years to come to terms with myself (and that was even with the existence of TBDL stuff online), but now I'm at ease with the idea.

Back then, my understanding of ABDL was somewhat naive and shallow, although I wasn't dumb enough to try and surpress/bury it and be 'rid' of it, I wouldn't say I was particularly thrilled about the idea of ABDL.

Now, I quite honestly see it as one small fragment of myself, something that by no means defines me, but it nonetheless 'there'.

And that's quite alright with me.

I guess we can all say that we all had to try and identify ourselves. I knew when I grew up I would always wonder what was wrong with me. I never understood. I felt alone. This was back in the pre-internet era. I first discovered DPF, found the d word in the links to other sites and started to hate what I thought I could be...

The sexual aspect of my fetish which I've had for awhile prior to discovering the internet. I would vision myself as a young toddler - 6 yrs old being put in diapers. I've had a history of accidents in school until I was in 2nd or 3rd grade, and my mother threatened diapers, but nothing ever happened. I would use these memories as a what if fantasy. These fantasies eventually started to include elements of BDSM and such. I wouldn't fantasize my own mother in these scenes though. I used to be confused as well because a lot of vanilla people consider this as pedo. With some of the story content including kids, it started cruising my mind and it would bring me more shame.

It really took awhile before I started to accept myself, and I have to say that ADISC has definitely helped in that regard. Beforehand, I would just lurk around communities, but this community is just right for me. I started to understand myself a lot and stopped hating myself as much.
    Being able to accept and embrace who you are is a great lift off your shoulders. This lifestyle is a huge part of who I am. It's nothing you can really get rid of. No matter how deep you try to bury it. It will always have a little voice calling out.

It's not about being open about it with everyone, but to stop with the negative thinking. It really affects every aspect of life, because you're shaming not only this part of you but you as a whole. The negativity can grow to other people around you as well.

To identify yourself is to accept this part of you, and not trap yourself in a glass prison because of it. It doesn't need a label or a stamp of approval from anyone. There's no common ground about anyone here. All walks of life have passed through ABDL. We all have interests outside of it as well.

I can say for certain that I do not know myself. Am I confident with who I appear to be, yes. Have I explored all the facets of my personality, all my interests, all the things that make up 'me', no. I cannot say that I know myself, I think truly doing so requires more years then I have currently been alive and been able to be introspective.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    I guess we can all say that we all had to try and identify ourselves. I knew when I grew up I would always wonder what was wrong with me. I never understood. I felt alone. This was back in the pre-internet era. I first discovered DPF, found the d word in the links to other sites and started to hate what I thought I could be...

The sexual aspect of my fetish which I've had for awhile prior to discovering the internet. I would vision myself as a young toddler - 6 yrs old being put in diapers. I've had a history of accidents in school until I was in 2nd or 3rd grade, and my mother threatened diapers, but nothing ever happened. I would use these memories as a what if fantasy. These fantasies eventually started to include elements of BDSM and such. I wouldn't fantasize my own mother in these scenes though. I used to be confused as well because a lot of vanilla people consider this as pedo. With some of the story content including kids, it started cruising my mind and it would bring me more shame.

It really took awhile before I started to accept myself, and I have to say that ADISC has definitely helped in that regard. Beforehand, I would just lurk around communities, but this community is just right for me. I started to understand myself a lot and stopped hating myself as much.
    Being able to accept and embrace who you are is a great lift off your shoulders. This lifestyle is a huge part of who I am. It's nothing you can really get rid of. No matter how deep you try to bury it. It will always have a little voice calling out.

It's not about being open about it with everyone, but to stop with the negative thinking. It really affects every aspect of life, because you're shaming not only this part of you but you as a whole. The negativity can grow to other people around you as well.

To identify yourself is to accept this part of you, and not trap yourself in a glass prison because of it. It doesn't need a label or a stamp of approval from anyone. There's no common ground about anyone here. All walks of life have passed through ABDL. We all have interests outside of it as well.
    I follow a similar pattern, liking what I was to pedophilia.
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=84625

Another thing that crossed my mind is the low points we have to go through to get to know our desires as well as we do now. I personally didn't have much; just the usual feelings of shame that sort of act as the bumps on the road to self-acceptance. That experience left me a bit more tolerant to fetishes; I'm still fully against public displays and "fetish revolutionaries", but at least I understand now that simply having a weird fetish doesn't make one a terrible person.