Thread: Diaper rash help

Default Diaper rash help

Ok I change and clean my diaper area as soon as I'm wet. But I have diaper rash that I can't get to go away. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you!

Go to chemist or store and get some baby diaper rash cream

Sometimes I have to give my bum a break ... if you can maybe have some times when you aren't diapered.
    I also like baby powder, I put it on my nappy before I tape up. Mostly that's a convenience since I'm typically the one doing it, if someone were doing it for me I might like it applied to my skin.
    You could also try another brand and see if you found some that were more breathable, a cloth-like back might be beneficial.
    Aside from that keep the area clean and dry, and put diaper rash cream on it. You can find a vast array of those at any drug store, or really anywhere that sells baby stuff.

I used to have a lot more problems with this until I kept things shaved down there and did destine cream after each diaper change.

Piping hot towel, apply it to the area. Should reduce the inflammation, and therefore the symptoms of it.

Past that, I'd recommend using a barrier cream from now on, and perhaps a mild lotion.

Stay out of diapers until the rash heals. I use a store-brand of hydrogen peroxide on a paper towel and rub that gently on the rash. That helps. Not much else does once there's a rash.

Gold Bond also makes a product. I would be concerned if there was a yeast or fungal infection. Those are remotely possible.