Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music to calm your frayed and shaken psyche

Default Music to calm your frayed and shaken psyche

When life feels heavier than normal, I listen to music from my childhood. It makes everything fall back into place. Tonight I'm on a Dire Straits kick. Brothers in Arms is almost a perfect album, I just get lost in Your Latest Trick. And the title track makes the whole world right again, I can just forget life for a while and float on Mark's Guitar work.

What gets you back on your feet after a rough or strange day?

Well after a rough day coming home to my girl friend was all I needed.... I can only hope she will come back to me soon, but until then I still have this song to remind me of are love for one another. So this song makes me smile......

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDoodle View Post
    Well after a rough day coming home to my girl friend was all I needed.... I can only hope she will come back to me soon, but until then I still have this song to remind me of are love for one another. So this song makes me smile......

I hope you two can work things out, but I'm glad to see you posting again. We missed you.

Hmm depends what type of shakiness for me...
    For angry it would be Going in for the Kill Skrillex remix

For sadness it would be Cracks Flux Pavillion

For fear it would be crystallize by Lindsey sterling

For bad days in general I guess it would be clarity by John Mayer

For anyone feeling down, I recomend the Smile song by Pinkie Pie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNrXMOSkBas

And indeed it always brings out smile on my face when I hear it

(lyrics on the page)

emberthefox

one winged angel nobuo uemastu

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDoodle View Post

What a great choice MonkeyDoodle. I listened to Hendrix when I was in college, and he was alive and recording.

Some of my comfort songs are Sarah McLachlan, the boychoir, Libera and Simon and Garfunkel, to name a few.

I suppose I'm not really sure about music that calms me, but when I've had a really bad day, and feel like venting my frustrations, I go on a punk rock kick. Anything like The Ramones, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, The Huntingtons, Blink 182, early 90's Green Day, etc. The music I grew up on was 90's country, and typically it puts me in a depressive state.
    Maybe Switchfoot is the answer? I didn't choose my username for strictly no reason.