Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cute-sy Way to Store AB/DL Stuff?

Default Cute-sy Way to Store AB/DL Stuff?

I am getting ready to move in with my fiance {Who knows full well of my interests}

We were talking about where I would be keeping my things in our new apartment ... space is pretty limited but I don't want to shove it all into the bottom of a box either.

It also cannot be too blatantly baby because we have friends and such we suspect would question such things.

Anyone have good ideas? Or bad idea ... just ideas hehe :]

Since you're concerned with others seeing it your options are going to be a bit limited. You could get a plastic storage bin and decorate it with stickers. Or what about a toy box? There's wooden ones that could be placed in a bedroom without raising too much suspicion, or more babyish ones that you could put in your closet if you have the space.

These are pretty expensive, but may give you some ideas toy box - Walmart.com

children's backpacks? Store in the closet on a hanger, if you don't have much stuff anyway.

We have a walk in closet, so it will likely go in there somewhere. The toybox idea is cute ... I'd played around with maybe a small dresser or something. I'm getting quite the collection of nappies going. But outside of that I mostly have pacis and bottles. I'm expecting a onesie here soon ... dying of excitement ;]

I know it's not the same, but maybe do what sweet lolitas do with their wardrobes? They look adorable :3 And if you have a walk in closet, unless somebody tries to stumble into Narnia, it'd be a private, discreet place! Here's some pictures to give you an idea of what I mean: http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc...2wcmo1_500.jpg

i made my own bedside table-come-windowseat for about 30:
    Attachment 20710
    Attachment 20711

of course, you can fit lockable doors and decorate as you like, but the best bit is the best use of space which none of the factory made products can offer.
    also, if you look to the right of the bedroom picture, you can see what was the top 'cupboard' part of an old wardrobe set, turned onto it's back to become a chest (i know you don't want just a box, but it's cheap and easy to do).

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    Attachment 20710
    Attachment 20711

of course, you can fit lockable doors and decorate as you like, but the best bit is the best use of space which none of the factory made products can offer.
    also, if you look to the right of the bedroom picture, you can see what was the top 'cupboard' part of an old wardrobe set, turned onto it's back to become a chest (i know you don't want just a box, but it's cheap and easy to do).
    That's rather brilliant

I didn't have anything specific on mind just a general suggestion. You might want to try something that's super obvious and cute, but that can be hidden easily like totes that you can put in a closet or under a bed or a utility closet that no one would be interested in setting everything up in a spare bedroom would work well too. One thing to keep in mind though is that if you are just moving in people will naturally going to want to see every nook and cranny in your house so it would be best to keep them very hidden until the new house craze dies down with your friends. This is also a good time to actually evaluate what rooms in your house people tend to hang out in and better decide which room to be your hidey hole. Again sorry I don't have any specifics to help you here, but I do think these are some things to keep in mind

Quote Originally Posted by blablafreckenlover View Post
    I didn't have anything specific on mind just a general suggestion. You might want to try something that's super obvious and cute, but that can be hidden easily like totes that you can put in a closet or under a bed or a utility closet that no one would be interested in setting everything up in a spare bedroom would work well too. One thing to keep in mind though is that if you are just moving in people will naturally going to want to see every nook and cranny in your house so it would be best to keep them very hidden until the new house craze dies down with your friends. This is also a good time to actually evaluate what rooms in your house people tend to hang out in and better decide which room to be your hidey hole. Again sorry I don't have any specifics to help you here, but I do think these are some things to keep in mind
    We have already decided its one of the last things that will leave my apartment I reside in now. And even then it will make its debut in a box, at least at first. We expect friends and family will want to open every closet door they can and such.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    Attachment 20710
    Attachment 20711

Ade, you're always impressive!

I made for my children, cargo style steamer trunks for when they started university. I also installed a latch so they could padlock them. Every kid need privacy and a place to store and keep "whatever". The footlocker was designed to go at the end of the bed. My daughter now uses her as a coffee table. I made hers out of cedar and put aromatic cedar in it's interior.