Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buyer beware-Diaper pins

Default Buyer beware-Diaper pins

Beware of purchasing these diaper pins off of Amazon: "50 Pack Baby Child Infant Kids Cloth Diaper Nappy Pins Safety Safe Hold Clip Locking Cloth Size L"

They are not large, like you think of diaper pins. They are relatively small and not strong at all. Will not hold adult cloth diapers imho. They are more of an ornament, perhaps for a baby shower greeting card or something. Or maybe for our dolls.

patty

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia48 View Post
    Beware of purchasing these diaper pins off of Amazon: "50 Pack Baby Child Infant Kids Cloth Diaper Nappy Pins Safety Safe Hold Clip Locking Cloth Size L"

They are not large, like you think of diaper pins. They are relatively small and not strong at all. Will not hold adult cloth diapers imho. They are more of an ornament, perhaps for a baby shower greeting card or something. Or maybe for our dolls.

patty
    With that long of an awkward title, they sound like poorly made Chinese diaper pins. Thanks for the heads up. There are better quality diaper pins and they cost more. Regardless, most of the expense is in shipping. There was a time when grocery stores sold cloth diapers, plastic pants and diaper pins. Sadly, those times are gone.

Just go to your nearest fabric store. Most of them sell diaper pins. The ubiquitous Dritz-brand pins are quite adequate for adult diapering, IMO.

that or they're repackaged basting pins used in sewing

You can find Snappi fasteners arty quite a few websites. The size 2 does great and I have a 38 inch waist.

Another good option is Boingo fasteners. They are a set of two that work just like Snappi fasteners, except they have one for each side.

They both are great alternatives for pins, for the experienced and the new. For me, they provide a great fit. The one problem I have is that I have no as to keep most clothing on. These do the trick though.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    You can find Snappi fasteners arty quite a few websites. The size 2 does great and I have a 38 inch waist.

Another good option is Boingo fasteners. They are a set of two that work just like Snappi fasteners, except they have one for each side.

They both are great alternatives for pins, for the experienced and the new. For me, they provide a great fit. The one problem I have is that I have no as to keep most clothing on. These do the trick though.
    Snappi size two does me as well 44" waist

I like my Boingos as well, but I still have some of the old standby pins from Fetware.
    Last edited by oleman72; 23-Apr-2014 at 19:22.

Another alternate use for large diaper pins you may not be aware of:

Ornamentation on the letter jackets of high school wrestlers. Much like enemy insignia painted on the side of a fighter plane to indicate number of victories.

Typically they'll stick with gold or silver plating rather than plastic bunny heads.

I use the safety pins that have the ducks or turtles for fasteners. Has anyone tried velcro closures?