Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many nappies have you gone through?

Default How many nappies have you gone through?

Was just thinking about roughly how many nappies I had gone through since wearing 24/7 for the past 14 years.

Was quiet surprised with the figure as not something I have ever thought about working out before.

On average I use about 5 per day and over 14 years that comes out to 25,550!

Must think of ways in which I could be more environmentally friendly in other areas to offset the impact of disposable nappies!

I know that I have roughly gone through at least 12 or 13 full packs of diapers ever since I've become more accustomed to my AB/DL tendencies, and those packs carry 10 diapers. So, from the math, that's at least 120 adult sized diapers in, about, 4 years.

For the first year of my 24/7 wearing I was averaging 90 plus diapers a month. A little over year ago I switched to AIO's for overnight and cut it to
    60 plus a month. Now I've gone to wearing cloth for 2/3 thirds of the day cutting it 30 or so diapers a month. Saving myself money plus helping out
    the environment by not sending so many disposables to the landfill.

Since getting my first diapers back in September I've gone through (meaning actually ''used'' or thrown away without using, something I don't really do anymore) about 23 diapers, both baby and adult. I don't have many chances to buy them, so I make them last.
    Last edited by KimbaStarshine; 22-Apr-2014 at 17:56.

My wearing doesn't follow any strict pattern, so it's difficult to say. Probably at least 100 per year over twenty years, so the low end would be 2,000. I wouldn't be surprised if it were 3,000.

Since getting my first diapers in the beginning of last February I've used about 79 diapers. I might be off a bit because I haven't counted how many girls training pants I have left recently. I also like to have my diapers last a while.

I got my AIO's over xmas and have since only used maybe 20 goodnites. Before that, I probably have used about 150 since I started wearing 5 years ago.

I'd guess around 3000, based on what I remember buying in quantity. This stint of 24/7 is now the longest so far, three months of around 5 changes / day plus some extras, call it 500. Current stash is around 1000 nappies, or in SI units, one kilonappy.