Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Told my Girlfriend!

Default Told my Girlfriend!

Well, her reaction was surprising to me " Hun, its not that big of a deal. I love you no matter what " kinda thing.
    She works in a nursing home and has to deal with a lot of how shall we say, less than sanitary jobs. So I thought if I told her it would push her away, but she seemed happy that i was honest with her.

Ahh, I had felt bad that i didn't tell her earlier and she reassured me it was okay. Feels like a weight off my shoulders! ^ ___ ^

At least you took the first step now and she seems open minded also don't forget shes a care worker and most do it because they want to help people

that's great that she's accepting of you
    your very lucky
    take things slowly and don't forget about her wants and needs also

That's a similar reaction I got from my wife when I told her prior to getting engaged. Congrats on finding someone open minded and accepting. Best wishes for you two.

Makes me smile.
    We should learn to believe in the people we love and love us a little more.

The two partners who I have revealed my 'thing' too have both been accepting and said that they "loved me" and it was nt a problem.
    I'd be interested to know what the overall percentage is between being accepted to being rejected, most members here seem to have had a positive reaction.

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,*
    does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,*
    does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;*
    bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

cool that she is cool with it. No more "hiding" for you

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,*
    does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,*
    does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;*
    bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
    "so keep love first." True love does conquer all. When I told my wife, it was the same thing: acceptance. In fact, she asked me if I had enough supplies. Today I was kidding with her. I needed to order some T-shirts, so I said I wanted one that said Peg + Cat and the other, Dino Train. She said she'd order them if I'd wear them out in public! We both got a good laugh out of it, especially since I had this conversation while eating out at Appleby's. She was safe of course. I had no intention of wearing them out in public.....sigh.

Hey, Annie,
    Good for you.
    I wish you nothing but the best.
    You're lucky to have a relationship like yours, a relationship based on Love, first and foremost.
    GBY.....