Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do Diapers Make the Trash VERY HEAVY?

Default Do Diapers Make the Trash VERY HEAVY?

Heya,
    This little Thread is dedicated to discussing the possible factors that would make taking out trash unusual. - due to diapers.

I live at a hall of residence, and empty the trash from my room into a 'green trash bin' that sits in the hallway of the Floor. My trash is usually quite light and goes into the Landfill bin.

I've noticed that the cleaner whom empties the trash pulls the bags individually out of the Landfilll bin, before putting it in a larger rubbish sack (full of trash from other floors). It then pops into the elevator which is locked down for cleaners during that time.

I know some diapers get quite heavy out there. haha..

What's the weight of your diaper trash? (incl. Num of Diap. & Diap Type.)
    +
    Any recommendations that wouldn't just help me, but others as well?

Yes, a used diaper has some weight to it. But, you're not planning on letting a whole bunch of used diapers build up, are you? One won't be noticed, and even if you stay diapered all day on a weekend, three to four diapers in a black trash bag will have some weight, but not be that unusual.

Lille/Kendal suprem each could weight 6lbs if wet lighter if I've pooped a bag could have 10 weighing 50/60lbs so heavy
    Take out your diapers each morning in a black or non see through bag and drop in street litter bin not the same one each day

Lozza1979

My wheelie bin gets emptied every two weeks on a Friday and I use about 4/5 nappies a day, so by the time the two weeks is up my bin is pretty heavy when the refuse collectors take it.This weekend has been the Easter holiday weekend so they wont empty them till Tuesday now.So as you can imagine my bin is now practically overflowing and heavy.

Like Lozza1979, my wheelie bin is also emptied every other Friday. However I am unable to go the full two weeks without a trip to the tip in between. Always wondered what the collectors think as always incredibly heavy.

Water is 8 pounds a gallon so that is why they get heavy .

Most people that do the trash collecting are like anyone else about their job.... They just want to get it done! Don't think they will pay much attention unless something is incredibly heavy. There are other things that end up in the trash that are heavy as well. Used cat litter comes to mind.

I will echo that as long as one does not let diapers pile up in the trash, one shouldn't have a problem. Some weight is added to my garbage when it comes to wet diapers, but not enough to cause any serious issues. I can easily carry my trash outside, and there is large dumpster outside that is emptied with some sort of hydraulic apparatus on a garbage truck. Even if you don't have a truck collect the trash as in my case, sanitation workers regularly lift heavier trash bags.

When it comes to the weight of a trash bag, I am more worried about the possibility of the bag ripping than I am with the actual weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Straycatz View Post
    Most people that do the trash collecting are like anyone else about their job.... They just want to get it done! Don't think they will pay much attention unless something is incredibly heavy. There are other things that end up in the trash that are heavy as well. Used cat litter comes to mind.
    ...or a mutilated corpse! Sorry been watching too much dexter recently

Quote Originally Posted by Gingaburger View Post
    Heya,
    This little Thread is dedicated to discussing the possible factors that would make taking out trash unusual. - due to diapers.

I live at a hall of residence, and empty the trash from my room into a 'green trash bin' that sits in the hallway of the Floor. My trash is usually quite light and goes into the Landfill bin.

I've noticed that the cleaner whom empties the trash pulls the bags individually out of the Landfilll bin, before putting it in a larger rubbish sack (full of trash from other floors). It then pops into the elevator which is locked down for cleaners during that time.

I know some diapers get quite heavy out there. haha..

What's the weight of your diaper trash? (incl. Num of Diap. & Diap Type.)
    +
    Any recommendations that wouldn't just help me, but others as well?
    Being totally incontinent, I go through a lot of them, and they make trash bags very heavy, due to the pee being absorbed into them.