Thread: Which one is the best in absorbency? Bellissimo, Classico or Teddy diapers?

Default Which one is the best in absorbency? Bellissimo, Classico or Teddy diapers?

Hi, y'all hope everyone is having a good easter In the last few days I've been really thinking about ordering a sample pack of Bellissimo diapers since I am getting close to the end of my stash. Last fall I heard about bambinodiapers.com(that's how I found about abena m4 to) . I tried it out, created an account and bought a sample pack of the medium abena m4s , I was also surprised at how fast they got to my door! I was on bambinodiapers.com comparing the diapers that have cute babyish prints on them: Bellissimo,Classico & Teddy diapers. I looked though the details of each, and absorbtion wise the only thing I saw was that the Bellissimo has a double thick core . This lead me to wonder if the other diapers ( Teddy & Classico) are any different in absorbency mainly due to the price being $25 cheaper for a case of 48?

It's the Bellissimo. That's the whole point of the Bellissimo. The mainline Bambinos are high capacity but that one turns it up to 11, figuratively. For my purposes it is frequently overkill but it's a cute enough print if you care and I think they're good to have around for the appropriate situation.

Default Which one is the best in absorbency? Bellissimo, Classico or Teddy diapers?

Apparantly the Teddies are slightly more absorbent than the 'original' bambino (the Classico) due to a 10% SAP increase in the rear of the diaper. But the Bellissimo is still leaps and bounds over them as far as absorbency goes.

Bellisimo's hand down. They are also slightly thicker too but they'll swell up a lot too due to the high amount of SAP content.

norcal57

Ok, hold on a minute. I think I may be missing something. I have been using the Bianco for a long time. Are you telling me there is more than a cosmetic difference between the Bambino products? I have never purchased anything but Bianco. Do tell!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    It's the Bellissimo. That's the whole point of the Bellissimo. The mainline Bambinos are high capacity but that one turns it up to 11, figuratively. For my purposes it is frequently overkill but it's a cute enough print if you care and I think they're good to have around for the appropriate situation.
    Thanks everybody! For Trevor: how much is it an overkill? Are the Bellissimo's the same or better absorbency then the abena m4?

Quote Originally Posted by norcal57 View Post
    Ok, hold on a minute. I think I may be missing something. I have been using the Bianco for a long time. Are you telling me there is more than a cosmetic difference between the Bambino products? I have never purchased anything but Bianco. Do tell!
    As noted above, the Teddies have a bit more SAP than the Classicos and Biancos. I have not noticed any difference but they say there is. The Bellissimos are definitely thicker and more absorbant, which is in line with their higher cost.

Quote Originally Posted by ChubbyMower View Post
    Thanks everybody! For Trevor: how much is it an overkill? Are the Bellissimo's the same or better absorbency then the abena m4?
    Overkill is in the eye (or some other part of the anatomy) of the beholder. For the way I wear and use, their regular products are more than sufficient, so the Bellissimos are that much moreso. I'm not a big fan of Abenas to compare but from the times I've worn them, I'd say a Bellissimo is slightly higher capacity.

norcal57

Ok, thanks I just ordered a case. I had no idea there was a difference until you mentioned it and saw the price difference.

Updated: Just ordered a couple of sample packs this morning of the bambino bellissimo's for the first time! Oh my! I am giddy with excitement! . Will keep posted when I get them!

Updated: I got them and oh my gosh these are really thick and bulky in width ! Another thing I love is the babyish print on the front and as for the plastic on the outside it is I swear the same type as the ABU SDK's !
    Last edited by pamperedyellowone; 26-Apr-2014 at 04:59.