Thread: A little about me

Default A little about me

So, it took me a while to finally post something about myself due to fears, but here goes nothing... I am a mental health professional, a loving husband, and the keeper of some amazing little critters (my dog and two beautiful cats). I am not the typical macho guy, never have been. I like to relate to life and people on an emotional level and find one of the greatest blessings in life to join others in their struggles and challenges, encouraging them toward a place of strength, peace, and hope.

I am a diaper lover with a slice of adult baby thrown in, finding my way back to diapers in my early teens after a somewhat traumatic incident when I was younger (scolded by grandmother for innocently playing in a diaper all day when my brother and I were young). I can still recall that pack of pink mid-90's pampers sitting on the shelf in my other grandmother's walk-in closet, completely grabbing my attention when my cousin and I were playing there. Before the night was over, I had taken some and hidden them in my overnight bag to wear later. I never would have guessed where that decision would have taken me.... through years of joy, excitement, pain, isolation, guilt and eventually coming to a place of acceptance many years later.

I used to think that being in diapers 24/7 would be an amazing thing, but thankfully that desire never proved true in reality, and my life is full of many other amazing aspects that bring me great joy and satisfaction. One of my passions through life has been playing guitar, picking up an electric guitar at age 13 and jamming out to Black Sabbath. In more recent years, a love of the great outdoors and backpacking has been my passion. I have an amazingly wonderful wife that loves the outdoors and pushing herself as much as I do. Other interests of mine include reading books on psychology and places I'd love to travel, such as New Zealand.

I came to this site after a 4 year hiatus of not wearing diapers, seeking information on diapers and reconnecting to this part of myself. I had just read the books "There's a Baby in My Bed" and "The Age Play and Diaper Fetish Handbook." I found this website referenced in these books. I also began journaling on my desire and experiences of returning to little self, so to speak. I decided to join this website because it seemed more informative and useful than the others out there, hoping to share with people like myself, and seeking answers and support. Although my wife loves me, she fears this part of me and what it means; thus, she is unable to truly show me acceptance or support in a way I truly desire.

As I write this post, I find a sense of liberation and hope in my chest. I don't know where all this is headed, but I am glad to have other's who can at least understand my journey.

Thanks for listening,
    trancendence66

Hi there, great intro, I think you've been contemplating that a while.... lol
    Seriously, I can relate totally to the initial concern in opening up to others about stuff that's so private even when it is albeit anonymous.

It's an amazingly liberating experience, acceptance. I'm not sure it makes things any easier, but somehow life just feels happier.

Your experience is so similar to many of us as you've no doubt discovered. Having your wife onside is excellent, she will eventually work things out I'm sure. Given the occupation you're in I doubt you'll be inconsiderate if her needs, and so I'm sure she'll learn to cater for yours.

Enjoy your time here, I look forward to seeing you about the forums.

ozbub

Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy it here

Default A little about me

Hi trancendence66. That sense of liberation and hope is awesome, isn't it. Welcome.

It sounds like you've really accepted yourself, which is also an incredible feeling in itself. That makes life so much easier, especially with a wife that loves you (even if she doesn't truly accept your AB/DL side).

I also love to travel and have been to loads of places, but more recently Disneyland type vacations with the kids. New Zealand sounds incredible. Where's the best place you've been to?
    Last edited by PyjamaBaby; 21-Apr-2014 at 12:17.

bringmesunshine

Welcome to ADISC. It's a shame your wife is unexcepting, in fact you say she fears that particular part of you...? We are nothing to fear, we are not monsters or unintelligent uncaring savages (like some infants!), however of course you have actually got someone, someone who loves everything else about you...that's a very very good situation.
    Once again, Welcome to ADISC. BMS

Thanks for the reassurance on the intro, Ozbub... I might have contemplated that one for a while, for like a month. I do hope my wife can somehow, someday realize that diapers do not and never can replace her. For now, that is her biggest fear.

trancendence66

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, babymt. One of the best places my wife and I have traveled so far is the Kalalau Trail in Kaua'i, Hawaii. That is such an amazing hike. We don't have any kids yet, so for the most part we keep looking for great hikes in the great state of Alaska... those that get us out of cell phone range and high above sea level are always a treat.

Also, thanks to bringmesunshine for the reply. I noticed the "?" in reference to my wife's fear. She told me two days ago that she can listen to me share about this part of myself, but the actual act makes her feel as though I am cheating on her, like she is "not good enough." I told her that I don't know what to say at this time to help her feel better. I am just being a listening ear in hopes that she can work through her fears. Makes for some challenging days since I began exploring this part of myself again about 2 months ago.

welcome transcendence 66
    I also reconnected with diapers in my teens and was caught with them at different times, but my desire to be back in diapers never waned
    now in my 40's I wear for medical reasons and pleasure
    I hope your wife becomes more accepting of your little side.
    take care.

Default A belated welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by trancendence66 View Post
    So, it took me a while to finally post something about myself due to fears, but here goes nothing... I am a mental health professional, a loving husband, and the keeper of some amazing little critters (my dog and two beautiful cats). I am not the typical macho guy, never have been. I like to relate to life and people on an emotional level and find one of the greatest blessings in life to join others in their struggles and challenges, encouraging them toward a place of strength, peace, and hope.

I am a diaper lover with a slice of adult baby thrown in, finding my way back to diapers in my early teens after a somewhat traumatic incident when I was younger (scolded by grandmother for innocently playing in a diaper all day when my brother and I were young). I can still recall that pack of pink mid-90's pampers sitting on the shelf in my other grandmother's walk-in closet, completely grabbing my attention when my cousin and I were playing there. Before the night was over, I had taken some and hidden them in my overnight bag to wear later. I never would have guessed where that decision would have taken me.... through years of joy, excitement, pain, isolation, guilt and eventually coming to a place of acceptance many years later.

I used to think that being in diapers 24/7 would be an amazing thing, but thankfully that desire never proved true in reality, and my life is full of many other amazing aspects that bring me great joy and satisfaction. One of my passions through life has been playing guitar, picking up an electric guitar at age 13 and jamming out to Black Sabbath. In more recent years, a love of the great outdoors and backpacking has been my passion. I have an amazingly wonderful wife that loves the outdoors and pushing herself as much as I do. Other interests of mine include reading books on psychology and places I'd love to travel, such as New Zealand.

I came to this site after a 4 year hiatus of not wearing diapers, seeking information on diapers and reconnecting to this part of myself. I had just read the books "There's a Baby in My Bed" and "The Age Play and Diaper Fetish Handbook." I found this website referenced in these books. I also began journaling on my desire and experiences of returning to little self, so to speak. I decided to join this website because it seemed more informative and useful than the others out there, hoping to share with people like myself, and seeking answers and support. Although my wife loves me, she fears this part of me and what it means; thus, she is unable to truly show me acceptance or support in a way I truly desire.

As I write this post, I find a sense of liberation and hope in my chest. I don't know where all this is headed, but I am glad to have other's who can at least understand my journey.

Thanks for listening,
    trancendence66
    trancendence66,

What a superb introduction!

Welcome to the wonderful world of ADISC!

I am pleased that you have decided to join us; and that you "like to relate to life and people on an emotional level", and find "blessings in life to join others in their struggles and challenges, encouraging them toward a place of strength, peace, and hope."

Empowerment of self and community...

When a significant-other sees the joy and level of intensity that our 'hobby' brings for us... I think that one, they want to be a part of those results (even if not the particular activity)... It tends to be such a deeply personal and intimate expression; that even while attempting to be open and inclusive to our partners... as my former S.O. said... "I can't compete with that" ...and that doesn't even cover the issues with a 'love-affair' of sorts, with a diaper...

In that there seems to be this unavoidable alienation... it seems to me that perhaps some form of an affirming compartmentalization may be in order... Not however to further the particular exclusiveness of the AB/DL aspects, but to make or shore-up a compartment of safety and assurance for your wife that doesn't include contentious elements...

With that having been well established in strength over time... then perhaps an area outside of those two specialty places, could be attempted... a meeting in the middle so-to-speak...

Although my wife loves me, she fears this part of me and what it means; thus, she is unable to truly show me acceptance or support in a way I truly desire
    As you know, we fear what we don't understand... and what is truly dangerous...

In fairness and equality... we would tend to not ask of others what we would not, or believe that we can not do ourselves... Can or will you show your wife acceptance and support in a way that she truly desires too? And, know that her bewilderment is understandable and not necessarily a subjective or demeaning intention...

Is it not possible, that you may not be able to see your wife's acceptance or support... due to your own fears? No matter how well we rationalize and seem to reconcile with our particular interests and desires... I think that on some level, we still remain quite vulnerable as we struggle with the divergence of our true person, with that of what has been engrained in us to believe we are ...or should be in society...

And in that duplicity of existence, a number of conundrums may occur...

I've run aground in this reply now... I would like to encourage you to continue in this pursuit with us, or wherever it bests suits you!

I look forward to seeing you around, and with much hope, best wishes... and our dedication to help each other individually and collectively to learn and grow!

for now...

-Marka