Thread: I've been busy, but wanted to share

Default I've been busy, but wanted to share

Life has kept me rather busy lately, but I wanted to drop a line in case anyone still remembers me here.

I've been blessed by a wonderful woman coming into my life, but the one thing I feared has happened. Our first date was nearly a year ago now and it was then that she pressed me for more information regarding my mention of something in a story I was telling about my upbringing. That led me to confess that I was a chronic bed wetter and through other conversation over the next three hours that I wore diapers to bed despite no significant physical need for them.

Fast forward to somewhat recently when we decided to make mudslide milkshakes while watching Doctor Who late one night. To say that I do not drink much is a dramatic understatement as before this I hadn't had a drink in nearly a year. Mostly because I don't care for it but also because I'm diabetic and alcohol interferes with my medication spiking my blood sugar.

I slept at her house that night and woke up soaked and having leaked on her mattress. I told her that I was going to need to shower and that I had leaked. Since it was the middle of the night we laid a towel down on the bed and we attempted to get some sleep before having to get up. I was obviously mortified. She tried to comfort and assure me that it was OK and that I need to stop beating myself up about it. I was tense and told her that I didn't know how.

Then, it happened, she reached down and began to caress my wet diaper. I relaxed and drifted off to sleep in her arms within seconds. The next morning things were much different than they had been. What I didn't want to happen was premature emotional attachment. I move slowly in relationships and now I've leaped ahead further than I thought reasonable not long ago.

In one gesture she was loving, comforting, supportive, and sympathetic to how I felt and focused on how to assure me that things like diapers, leaks, and cleaning bedding were not issues.

I'm terrified, my previous divorce was the most pain I've experienced in my life and I fear leaving myself open to such in the future.

I'm examining the relationship and pan to undergo couples counseling before engagement, and now I'm reaching out to you guys for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    Life has kept me rather busy lately, but I wanted to drop a line in case anyone still remembers me here.

I've been blessed by a wonderful woman coming into my life, but the one thing I feared has happened. Our first date was nearly a year ago now and it was then that she pressed me for more information regarding my mention of something in a story I was telling about my upbringing. That led me to confess that I was a chronic bed wetter and through other conversation over the next three hours that I wore diapers to bed despite no significant physical need for them.

Fast forward to somewhat recently when we decided to make mudslide milkshakes while watching Doctor Who late one night. To say that I do not drink much is a dramatic understatement as before this I hadn't had a drink in nearly a year. Mostly because I don't care for it but also because I'm diabetic and alcohol interferes with my medication spiking my blood sugar.

I slept at her house that night and woke up soaked and having leaked on her mattress. I told her that I was going to need to shower and that I had leaked. Since it was the middle of the night we laid a towel down on the bed and we attempted to get some sleep before having to get up. I was obviously mortified. She tried to comfort and assure me that it was OK and that I need to stop beating myself up about it. I was tense and told her that I didn't know how.

Then, it happened, she reached down and began to caress my wet diaper. I relaxed and drifted off to sleep in her arms within seconds. The next morning things were much different than they had been. What I didn't want to happen was premature emotional attachment. I move slowly in relationships and now I've leaped ahead further than I thought reasonable not long ago.

In one gesture she was loving, comforting, supportive, and sympathetic to how I felt and focused on how to assure me that things like diapers, leaks, and cleaning bedding were not issues.

I'm terrified, my previous divorce was the most pain I've experienced in my life and I fear leaving myself open to such in the future.

I'm examining the relationship and pan to undergo couples counseling before engagement, and now I'm reaching out to you guys for advice.
    It's good to hear from you on the site. I'm glad you've found someone and I hope this works out for you. I understand your hesitation based on your divorce. You have time to take it slowly. My son has been dating his girlfriend for two years, and now they are engaged. They seem really meant for each other, yet they aren't rushing into this. It sounds to me like you've found someone who is kind, loving, understanding and accepting. My opinion is this, that taking a risk for happiness is far better than being safe and alone. Go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Go for it.
    Thanks for the encouragement, I'm moving toward it, .... slowly.