Thread: Ordering Cloth Dependeco AIO

Default Ordering Cloth Dependeco AIO

Would it be insane to start off just ordering one? This is my first jump into cloth and I don't wanna invest a ton if I hate it ...
    Will I need plastic pants, or is that more of a preference thing with AIOs?
    And I read they were made to order ... I'm sure it varies a bit with each one but how long roughly does that usually take...?
    Annnnnd lastly, would you say sizing runs pretty tried and true or they run small or big ...

Thanks for any help ... I've been asking tons of questions on here lately, I just assume you're all a little more informed than me, haha

If you're new to cloth diapers, I would caution you against AIOs. A cloth diaper can last for many years, while most plastic pants will have a much shorter life. Add in machine washing and drying and that disparity is exaggerated further, leaving you with a perfectly good diaper and a waterproof outer shell that's useless. I would strongly recommend sticking to separate diapers and plastic pants.

-RMS

Quote Originally Posted by RMS401 View Post
    If you're new to cloth diapers, I would caution you against AIOs. A cloth diaper can last for many years, while most plastic pants will have a much shorter life. Add in machine washing and drying and that disparity is exaggerated further, leaving you with a perfectly good diaper and a waterproof outer shell that's useless. I would strongly recommend sticking to separate diapers and plastic pants.

-RMS
    What cloth diapers would you recommend? I diaper myself and am hesitant of pins ...

There are lots of good cloth diapers out there, Glittered, including some from Dependco. I've never tried them, but I've heard they're good. But if you're going to go cloth, I'd say go with something like this: Amazon.com: Birdseye Cotton PreFold Diaper 4x8x4 - Large: Health & Personal Care

And if you don't like pins, try these instead: http://www.amazon.com/Snappi-Cloth-D...snappi+toddler

Yes, they're for toddlers, but I hear they're both effective and big enough for adults.

Quote Originally Posted by GlitteredArtist View Post
    Would it be insane to start off just ordering one? This is my first jump into cloth and I don't wanna invest a ton if I hate it ...
    And I read they were made to order ... I'm sure it varies a bit with each one but how long roughly does that usually take...?
    Annnnnd lastly, would you say sizing runs pretty tried and true or they run small or big ...

Thanks for any help ... I've been asking tons of questions on here lately, I just assume you're all a little more informed than me, haha
    To start with I would order one with a stuffer. The sizing holds pretty true to size. If your mid range you'll be okay. If border line go up a size.
    I've been wearing them now for close to year and a half with now. They can be dried in a dryer on med heat with no problem. The PUL
    liner in them is excellent. Also the Velcro tapes are excellent. Also there is no noticeable shrinkage with them. The outer cover will get damp
    as the PUL liner is breathable. So I do recommend plastic pants with them. It will take about 6 washings to get them to full absorbency.
    For any cloth diapers don't use fabric softener on them. Also shipping will average about 4 days
    depending on where you live. Monika uses USPS priority mail which is discreet.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    To start with I would order one with a stuffer. The sizing holds pretty true to size. If your mid range you'll be okay. If border line go up a size.
    I've been wearing them now for close to year and a half with now. They can be dried in a dryer on med heat with no problem. The PUL
    liner in them is excellent. Also the Velcro tapes are excellent. Also there is no noticeable shrinkage with them. The outer cover will get damp
    as the PUL liner is breathable. So I do recommend plastic pants with them. It will take about 6 washings to get them to full absorbency.
    For any cloth diapers don't use fabric softener on them. Also shipping will average about 4 days
    depending on where you live. Monika uses USPS priority mail which is discreet.
    So they aren't made to order ...?
    Would you be able to explain the difference between flannel and cotton? Like I know the difference in fabric but not in a diaper sense.

Default Ordering Cloth Dependeco AIO

I bit the bullet and ordered these two from the dependeco website about a week and a half ago:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397959292.643777.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	20555

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397959468.007151.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	20556

I got the size small AIO and ordered one extra flannel stuffer along with it. I was raised in disposables, and like you this was my first real venture into cloth (I'll be honest I was sort of iffy on the whole thing).

Fortunately, it's turned out really awesome. If you're used to disposables AIO is really the easiest way to go, and the dependeco ones have insanely strong awesome Velcro fasteners, as well as being very soft.

I haven't seen any need for plastic pants myself just yet, but honestly due to my living situation I've been unable to wear them for longer than a couple of hours at a time, so take that with a grain of salt.

From what I've experienced though, they seem to soften up quite a bit after running them through the wash a few times. I also machine dry mine, because hang drying them isn't an option with family around, but if possible you might want to avoid using a dryer if possible, I don't see how it would be very good on the Velcro fasteners over time.

Shipping time was amazing for me. I ordered on a Friday evening and they arrived in my mailbox the following Wednesday in a plain, unmarked flat rate envelope.

So they aren't made to order ...?
    Would you be able to explain the difference between flannel and cotton? Like I know the difference in fabric but not in a diaper sense.
    They're made to order, but I'm sure Monika has people working for her as many as she sells. The inner part of the diapers are all the same.
    The cotton or flannel print is the outer cover only.

The thing I don't like about the AIO is that after wetting them you get weeping at the leg elastics in almost no time at all and will get wet pants...