Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I tell him?

Default Should I tell him?

I have a twin brother and we are best friends. He does not know about my secret abdl fetish and he has been picking up on some cues. Like when my diaper is thicker he comments on my waddle. And he has been noticing more that I use my phone to text my mommy.

We tell each other everything like the other day he had a problem that was deeply personal to him and I helped him out. I was thinking maybe I should tell him.

But as you know you are always worried about the unknown. What do you think I should do?

Default Should I tell him?

It all depends really.

I haven't told my brother outright, but he's smart enough to where I'd be really surprised if he didn't have some sort of suspicion over the years. We're pretty close and hang out a lot, but to be honest I've never really felt the need to tell him. If he finds out, so be it...but until that happens I won't bother.

It really boils down to whether or not you think letting him know would be worth the risk of not knowing how he'll react to something like this. Normally the biggest thing holding me back from doing the same thing is the fact that whoever you might decide to tell, no matter who they may be (family, close friend, coworker, etc) you are ultimately unable to control who they might tell.

Would your brother go public with such private knowledge? Probably not. But honestly for me the mere possibly just doesn't justify it. But if it's truly important to you that he know, that may be unimportant in the end.

This is the question we all face at one time or another, be the special person be a brother, a girlfriend, a wife, or just a trusted friend. The answer is different for each person, each situation, and each unique set of circumstances, but it'll really all come down to the answers to a few questions:

1) What do I stand to gain?
    2) What do I stand to lose?
    3) What are the costs of inaction?
    4) Could I bear the consequences?

Most of us end up telling that person because we just can't bear NOT telling. We can't stand the secrecy or the distance that it creates, or we want to remove all barriers to total acceptance of who we are. Many here won that bet and are reaping rich rewards every day. Some of us have lost more than we ever expected.

-RMS
    Last edited by RMS401; 20-Apr-2014 at 02:09.

The question is basically answered, but out of curiosity, are you a fraternal twin or an identical twin? If identical and you tell him (only do so if you decide it's worth it) I'd be really curious for you guys to compare notes and see if you can figure out where one of you got diaper-related interests and the other didn't. For science.

My brother and I are fraternal twins but we like the same things. It would be interesting and weird if he was hiding the same thing from me.

Normally we tend to advise not telling, but this is a somewhat different situation. If it would make your life easier like wearing around him, you might explain. Sometimes we need acceptance from the ones we love, and that might be another reason for telling. Ultimately, you're the only one who can make this decision.

Lucky you're not a conjoined twin.... that would just be too awkward, honestly, is there any real benefit in sharing this with him.

I'm very close to my bro, and I'm pretty sure he stumbled onto some lets say inexplicable items back in the day, but I still don't think he's ever worked it out.....I think I'd like to keep it that way.

I guess I have wondered about him on occasion, but then I figure that I don't want or need to know. My partner on the other hand, well we're just that bit closer and that's why she knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    It really boils down to whether or not you think letting him know would be worth the risk of not knowing how he'll react to something like this. Normally the biggest thing holding me back from doing the same thing is the fact that whoever you might decide to tell, no matter who they may be (family, close friend, coworker, etc) you are ultimately unable to control who they might tell.

Would your brother go public with such private knowledge? Probably not. But honestly for me the mere possibly just doesn't justify it. But if it's truly important to you that he know, that may be unimportant in the end.
    I agree with you not being able to control whom the person you tell will also tell. I told my wife before we were married and she told her friends when they were talking about things their men like in the bedroom. Most of the usual responses I'm sure: leather, high-heels, lingerie, etc. Then she tells these women I like when she wears a diaper and they over reacted badly, like I'm a pedofile! They were at our wedding and only later did I find out why they were acting weird around me (when my wife told me she spilled the beans)! Long story short, it has taken me quite a long time to get over her betrail of my trust and it kinda made things weird with her family because her sister and mom now know. I actually had a conversation with her mom about this and though I don't remember much of what we talked about I do know I told her I don't know why I like diapers, I just do. Her mom has never brought it up since and we have a basic mother-in-law, son-in-law relationship I guess. Now that's one outcome as to how this can play out. That being said....

Recently (the past 6 months) I have told two friends whom I've known for a long time (one since high school) because I am tired of "hiding" who I really am. I know both of these people are open minded and don't care what others around them are into. My female friend responded by telling me two big secrets she has been keeping and my male friend asked "do you shit in them?", I told him no bcause I don't. Then he simply said "I don't need to see you in one" and that was that ( guy code for acceptance). Some times I feel weird around him knowing that he knows but we don't talk about it really. Though he did say every now and then he remembers (thinks about it) but moves on in his mind to something else. My attitude has changed over the years from wanting everyone to like me, to "I don't give a frack what you think". I feel most people are understanding but few are real douche bags about what they don't want to understand.

Telling family is different then telling friends so I don't know if I can give you advise. Friends can come and go but family will be around for life! If you decide you need to tell him, remind him this is your biggest secret you are trusting him with and once you tell him there is no going back for either one of you. He has to keep this a secret from everyone! Some people can keep secrets (me for example) and some people will explode if they try to keep it bottled up. I can tell you from experience it sucks keeping this to yourself but it's also weird knowing someone else knows!

Now...... Conjoined twins would make an interesting topic on several issues!

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    Lucky you're not a conjoined twin.... that would just be too awkward, honestly, is there any real benefit in sharing this with him.

I'm very close to my bro, and I'm pretty sure he stumbled onto some lets say inexplicable items back in the day, but I still don't think he's ever worked it out.....I think I'd like to keep it that way.

I guess I have wondered about him on occasion, but then I figure that I don't want or need to know. My partner on the other hand, well we're just that bit closer and that's why she knows.

Quote Originally Posted by BambinoPants View Post
    Now...... Conjoined twins would make an interesting topic on several issues!
    "Get your hand out of my face dammit...! I'm trying--to get this diaper on..!"

xD

Oh...I'm going straight to hell. Now where's that joke I had about the orphans..?