Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do we go?

Default Where do we go?

Been thinking about this over the last few days, where do we go when we die?
    I guess it's more of a question about personal beliefs and theories.

My theory is either the ground in a casket or an oven and later an urn, depending on the choice and/or religious preference.

I'm just teasing. d: I don't really give much thought to the afterlife, though I do have religious preferences. This is a question we all could mull over and over and over, but ultimately it's just like you said - theories and/or personal beliefs.

Assuming I'm gonna be in the ground. But who knows what will happen to my body, maybe I will come back as patient zero in the zombie apocalypse.

I think this: "Our soul will come one else than our earth. I call it heaven." . As it says in my Bible Creed: I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen. An everlasting life in the kingdom of heaven. Where all evil is gone, where peace and love should be the only one. As a Christian, I believe in just that. Where I'm going to take all my loved ones who already passed away.I can not manage to think differently. Believing that there was any thing else after death. No, I can just not there

What I want to happen with the bodily part of me I already have in my will. From Dust to dust as the priest says at funerals.

I believe the more important question deals with where you are going when you live. Let the dead worry about the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    I believe the more important question deals with where you are going when you live. Let the dead worry about the dead.
    Sounds good to me. My best guess is that I'll decompose and feed other things but there's also this:

While I have no set beliefs on the topic, I feel that after we die our souls leave our bodies. I believe that reincarnation is possible and perhaps serves to cleanse the soul until it reaches a Nirvana-like state of bliss. But I also feel that perhaps each soul can choose whether to reincarnate or simply stay on the ''other side.''

All through our lives bits of us are dying and falling off or excreted out. I remember hearing that it takes up to seven years for all the cells in the human body to be replaced (with the spine taking the longest to be completely replaced).

Everything just breaks down into its constituent parts -- dusts, liquids and gases. Sometimes remaining part of the dead world for a long time, sometimes taken in from the environment and used to form a beetle's antler, a fox's haemoglobin or... well... anything. Reality is a bit like Lego. Just with smaller blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    I feel that after we die our souls leave our bodies.
    Interesting... So souls occupy physical space...? Doesn't that make them a part of our bodies, if they are "inside" us when we are alive...?

Where our discarded bits go when we are living? What happens when I pee -- is the soul of my pee released into the atmosphere?! What happens if I lose a leg -- does the soul lose a leg too? If the soul occupies physical space, what other physical properties does it have?

Mind-body problem

I don't know, but I'm not one for taking risks.

I also think we go into people's memory. All the people that were happy to be around you when you were alive, everyone you helped, maybe even people you affected who didn't know it benefited from your life and a small part of you lives on with them after you're gone.