Thread: Trying New Diapers

Default Trying New Diapers

I'm going to buy some more diapers (online) in the next couple of days. The most premium diaper I have used thus far is a Molicare Super Plus. I looked at xp medical diaper test chart and it said that Abena M4 and Absorbency 4 both hold 50% or more more than a molicare for a similar price. From users, is that true? Are the 2 other diapers really that more absorbent? Which one should I go with? I have a 33 inch waist and rarely mess. Thicker, tight around the seams diaperS are what I prefer. Thanks for the input!

I would highly recommend the Abena M4 plastic backed. They are awesome and hold loads. They are the only diaper that hasn't leaked for me overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by babymt View Post
    I would highly recommend the Abena M4 plastic backed. They are awesome and hold loads. They are the only diaper that hasn't leaked for me overnight.

I second what babymt said. The Abena M4's are my favorite diaper I have ever tried. I haven't personally tried the Absorbency 4 but I've heard mixed responses about it; I've heard that they hold a lot but that they don't have leak guards and some people don't like that. I would say try the Abena's first. They are a top notch diaper and I have never had any leaks. The tapes on the Abena work really well too in my opinion and it's nice because they have double tapes just in case you need to readjust

Quote Originally Posted by babymt View Post
    I... third wat babymt says. The Abena M4 is my go-to diaper for day or night. M4s swell decently, but Then I tried the Dry24/7s and was astonished by them but then they halted production a while ago. If you have the time to wait, xpmedical.com should be restocking them soon(hopefully) since they kicked up productions recently.

Thanks for the replies! Are the M4s really that much more absorbent? I'm happy with molicare absorbenxy but if the Abenas are really that much more, that would be awesome. Also, how does their dry thickness compare?

Molicare diapers are good too. They are probably equally as absorbent. The problem with both of these is that they tend to fall apart in the padding and you will have most of the padding sitting in the middle of the diaper. While these are both decent diapers, there's better out there.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    Molicare diapers are good too. They are probably equally as absorbent. The problem with both of these is that they tend to fall apart in the padding and you will have most of the padding sitting in the middle of the diaper. While these are both decent diapers, there's better out there.
    Better as in Dry 24/7s. Thicker and swells more than the M4 or the Molicare. I've been using the Drys for a while and they don't clump up as bad as the M4s during regular wear.

Personally I have a few issues with the " diaper test and reviews" chart at xpmedical. First of all the math has not been done correctly on it since day one. M4's total capacity is stated at 75 oz. but if you subtract press out you have a grand total of 73.5 oz.?!? Not a huge issue I admit! The big issue is that chart has been the same since I stumbled upon xpmedical 10+ years ago! Humm.. all the diapers tested have changed in the last ten years! I doubt that Abenas still hold anywhere near 75 oz., I know the plastic is not what it once was! I'm sure Gary at xp is super busy running his buisness but current tests should be done and include the Tena slip maxi! With that rant out of the way, sorry, I too recomend and love Abena's. They are a great diaper with a high capacity, but I also love Tena slip maxis which for me personally fit better but I don't think they hold as much. I need to try dry24/7's but am still confused as to what size to try, probably small since I wear medium everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishonastick View Post
    Thanks for the replies! Are the M4s really that much more absorbent?
    Sort of, but it's kind of like saying a linebacker is stronger than a pro judo athlete. It's not so much raw absorbancy, but also how it's used.

Molicares wick like crazy. So unless you're flooding, chances are that most of the diaper is going to be used before needing to change. Abena might absorb more, but it doesn't wick as much so much more of the diaper will be completely dry by the time parts of it become saturated enough to leak. The end result is that both of them get about the same practical capacity if you're wearing them throughout the day.