Thread: Pictures. New Dry 24/7 vs. Bellissimo's

Default Pictures. New Dry 24/7 vs. Bellissimo's

These are both size mediums.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397753069106.jpg 
Views:	964 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	20539

Bellissimo left. 24/7 right. Bellissimos are noticeably wider through the center. 24/7's taller in front and back by at least 2 inches. I prefer the 24/7 fit more. The elastics seem to work better too. The plastic on the 24/7 is also thicker and doesn't sag or stretch out as easily as the Bambino.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397753147994.jpg 
Views:	895 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	20540

Dry 24/7's are the same thickness or a tad thicker.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397753192732.jpg 
Views:	596 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	20541

Bellissimo's wider in the crotch.

Bellissimo's may have more capacity, you can see that more coverage area for the sap over the dry 24/7, but I haven't tested them scientifically. I use boosters so it doesn't matter to me. The shape and fit of the 24/7 is better, in my humble opinion. I think they are better suited for day/work duty over the Bellisomos because they fit better and are far easier to move about in. Still using Bellisimos overnight sometimes, they have a different and interesting feel.

Tapes. Bellissimos are stickier, but once you stick em, that's it. I haven't had issues with the 24/7 tapes. They are noticably bigger and spread wider appart. I think this contributes to their improved fit. I use clear packing tape over my tapes no matter what diaper I use, to make a faux pull up out of them for during the day duty. So tapes have not been a big deal. I do notice that I get a defective tape on the Bellissimos from time to time but haven't found one in the 24/7's yet.

Thank you for sharing!

I, personally, prefer having a wider crotch in my diapers--so, it is valuable for me to know that the Bellissimo is wider.

Quote Originally Posted by Kif View Post
    Thank you for sharing!

I, personally, prefer having a wider crotch in my diapers--so, it is valuable for me to know that the Bellissimo is wider.
    But with a difference that marginal, can you actually feel those few inches?

Quote Originally Posted by dprlover90 View Post
    But with a difference that marginal, can you actually feel that few inches?
    Personally I see no added benefit to the wider crotch in the Bellissimo except for someone to say "look it's wider therefore it's better". To me that's like having a car that can go 200mph, but I would never want to drive 200mph. The Dry 24/7's fit much better, and to me, actually look more like a real baby diaper but porportioned better. Therefore I get a more baby feeling from them. Bellissimos have been complained about on this forum for their lack of good fit and sizing. The only thing the Bambinno benefits from is the print, if it's that important to you, and I will admit it is cute.

If Bambino fixed their sizing issues I might order some more. They are like a half size smaller than what they advertise and fit like poop (see what I did there? a DL joke). I can say that because I've tried Wellness and Molicore. They all just fit better. Some might complain the 24/7 run large, but I think they are perfect and run high on the back and front for much better baby feel.

I think a valid complaint, but not really related to functionality, is they don't use any pulp. It's a very dense diaper. If you don't like the way that feels, this is not the diaper for you. It does thicken with wetting of course, but it starts out dense and thin.

The Bellissimo's definitely wider, more absorbent, and softer. Dry 24/7s are now very dense and hard, and their capacity is definitely still lower. Dry 24/7s are also still oversized - mediums are more close to a large size, smalls border on a medium, etc. To me that is unacceptable - there isn't a universal standard for how adult diapers fit, but to make it way bigger than every other brands' size scale is unwise and will lead to misled, unhappy customers who have to rely on trial and error just to get what they want.

On top of that, Dry Care as a company still suffers from disorganization - orders are sent days or over a week late even at launch when they've had months to prepare, and messages are answered late if at all. I've contacted them before with questions and received zero response. I still gave their 'new' product a try this month but not much has changed. The waistband and leak guards are built better but almost everything else is the same.

Wow, Thanks for sharing. I like the side by side in the photos. I can't complain. I like both diapers. Both diapers fit really good on me and feel great too. I used both diapers for my overnights and no leaks. Not a drop. What kind of boosters do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyi View Post
    The Bellissimo's definitely wider, more absorbent, and softer. Dry 24/7s are now very dense and hard, and their capacity is definitely still lower. Dry 24/7s are also still oversized - mediums are more close to a large size, smalls border on a medium, etc. To me that is unacceptable - there isn't a universal standard for how adult diapers fit, but to make it way bigger than every other brands' size scale is unwise and will lead to misled, unhappy customers who have to rely on trial and error just to get what they want.

On top of that, Dry Care as a company still suffers from disorganization - orders are sent days or over a week late even at launch when they've had months to prepare, and messages are answered late if at all. I've contacted them before with questions and received zero response. I still gave their 'new' product a try this month but not much has changed. The waistband and leak guards are built better but almost everything else is the same.
    Some fair points, depending on what you desire and your usage scenario.

I can't speak for the past, but the pre-order I made went out one day late. I ordered a case last friday and I had a UPS tracking number the very same day! So I just don't know how to address the ordering issues. As with any company, if I didn't get a tracking number within a reasonable amount of time I would either go through XP Medical, or contact my bank and contest the charge. Contesting the charge is what makes businesses operate more professionally. It's costs them money and a lot of time.

Moving on...

You say the 24/7 is to large. I say the Bellissimo is to small. I'm a size 40 and the Bellisimo advertises up to size 44. This is simply untrue, and I'm sure you've seen other threads complaining about it.

Actually I think you are right, that the 24/7 do run a bit large. Their web site says up to 42" and the tapes on them come in musch closer to my croth than the Bellissimos.

So I'll say this, both companies don't advertise the correct size. This is what samples are for.

I still use Bellisimos, but I've worn them to work, and I feel they are not as sturdy as the dry 24/7's. They don't tolerate movement as well. So this is why I use the 24/7 during the day with a booster, and a Bellissimo at night.

I think they both have advantages depending on what you are doing.

Capacity is not an issue for me. I wore a Bellissimo to bed last night, without booster, and totally destroyed it, pee everywhere. It weighed 5 pounds. So I always have to wear a booster to make either diaper functional. With a booster, both work well capacity wise.

norcal57

The Bambino are still my favorite by a country mile. For me, it fits better than every other diaper I have tried. I like everything about the Bambino, but what stands out the most is the service. I usually order 1 or 2 case at a time. If I place an order before noon, it is delivered the next day. They have never been late, and they never have any out-of-stock or back order issues.

Happy Easter everyone!