Thread: Having a bad week/month/year.

Default Having a bad week/month/year.

Hey its been a while since I posted on here.

Lets start off with tomorrow is my birthday and I'm turning 30.

I'm turning 30 and I have nothing to show for it. No girl friend, no job, no money and both my car and motorcycle have leans on them. Its a little depressing to say the least.

I was fired from my job of 8 years due to a "at fault accident" that I take full responsibility for. I backed into a mail box in my work van. Was out of work for a month and got a job at Sams club at a lot lower pay than my last job paid. Worked there for 8 months and got sick of the manager and just up and quit one day.

So now I pretty much just screwed myself. I've been out of work going on 4 weeks now. But on a positive note I have made some money fixing a few peoples cars. So I'm not totally screwed yet.

I feel like I'm in a hole and I can't dig my way out. It feels like I'm just sinking deeper and deeper. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I've been putting in job applications for 4 weeks and haven't got one call back on them.

I'm freaking out.

I hope this made since I've had a few drinks tonight. Thanks for listing I just needed to get that out.

I also have felt like a failure a lot recently, so I know how that line of thinking can get. My problem, and maybe part of your problem too, is that I kept comparing myself to societal standards. There's these ideas of what we should be and what we should have accomplished. But everyone's different. Just because you don't have a girlfriend right now doesn't mean you'll never get one later. Also, dating in your thirties can be really awesome... you have such a big pool of people to pick from. When you were 21 you were pretty much designated to age 18 - 25 or so. Now, it won't look weird if you date anyone from around age 24-38. That's really nice! More options, for sure.

Also don't forget the positives. It was great you mentioned you made from extra money working on people's cars. I think that's something to be proud of. I couldn't work on a car if my life depended on it... and a lot of guys I know couldn't either. You sound like you have a lot of skills and that makes you pretty employable. I bet the reason you're in a rough patch right now isn't because of you as a person but because of the job market. Four weeks isn't too bad of a time frame, yet. I wouldn't be too panicked at this point. I am very sad that you lost your job due to one error, even if you were at fault. You'd think they would give you a second chance after eight long years. But I guess that was not to be. This could be the opportunity for so much more! Maybe you will find your dream job.

Is there anyone you can turn to in this time? Family or friends? I know asking for help really sucks, but sometimes we have to admit when we need it. Do you get unemployment checks? Is there some kind of unemployment program you could seek the aid of? I am not the best at these type of things - if anyone else has specific information on where or how Littlebabymike can seek some aid, could you post it for him please?

Anyway the important thing to just keep in mind that all this doesn't make you any less of a person. You're in a bad situation, but you're not a bad person. Oh, and, do try and have a happy birthday. You deserve to have some fun and relaxation. It might help ease a lot of this stress.

Well,

Everyone goes through ups and downs...that's life...

I've had great and not so great times...

Currently I'm looking forward to some things in my life finally being resolved...good or bad just need an answer...

But, your 30, your young and have lots to look forward to...

Like you my 40th birthday was a downer...broke...truck broken 2000 miles from home...and had to borrow money to fix...

But, you'll find money and get on to a better time...I've been there as has many others...

If you need help, it will come your way, this is how things work...

Your no failure, and posting your recent less than fortunate events proves that, to admit outwardly ones "failings" is a strength and you should be proud of that...

I know at 30 I'd have a very hard time openly posting things like this...I was too stubborn and misguided at that point in my life to know the lessons on being humble or anything but outwardly confident...

So hold your head high, and know that your a special and talented person and everyone you come into contact with is better for that experience!

Bad 4 months , my Vans clutch went week after Christmas and being only paid for days I work and being off 8 days through Christmas didn't help and it's just got worse and worse I've had to go in to an IVA ( lower form of bankruptcy) walked out on my former next day parcel job but now doing same day but money is lower but both only paid for what I delivered
    and money is very tight
    On the upside I found you lot

Lozza1979

Hi Littlebabymike

I can relate to your life events.I lost my security job and have been out of work about 5 months.You think 4 weeks is bad?.I had to sell my car for less then I bought it for as I couldn't afford to keep it on unemployment.I too have no girlfriend to support me in my time of need and also I could use some affection and company.The unemployment office has sanctioned my unemployment allowance and I got literally no cash at all.I got no credit in my cell phone so cant even call friends.I'm behind on my rent and council tax and I'm running out of food and stuff like shower gel.I'm 35 and I'm having to live off handouts from my mother and brother.Bacically life sucks right now.

I know as soon as I find another job I'll be out of this and be okay but in the meantime its a bit harsh.So you're not the only one having a hard time Littlebabymike.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebabymike View Post
    Hey its been a while since I posted on here.

Lets start off with tomorrow is my birthday and I'm turning 30.

I'm turning 30 and I have nothing to show for it. No girl friend, no job, no money and both my car and motorcycle have leans on them. Its a little depressing to say the least.

I was fired from my job of 8 years due to a "at fault accident" that I take full responsibility for. I backed into a mail box in my work van. Was out of work for a month and got a job at Sams club at a lot lower pay than my last job paid. Worked there for 8 months and got sick of the manager and just up and quit one day.

So now I pretty much just screwed myself. I've been out of work going on 4 weeks now. But on a positive note I have made some money fixing a few peoples cars. So I'm not totally screwed yet.

I feel like I'm in a hole and I can't dig my way out. It feels like I'm just sinking deeper and deeper. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I've been putting in job applications for 4 weeks and haven't got one call back on them.

I'm freaking out.

I hope this made since I've had a few drinks tonight. Thanks for listing I just needed to get that out.
    We're a few in the same hole. What I made in last +/- 10 years I've completely lost... Only what I keep now is my VW T4 and laptop. Friends ? Counted with fingers of one hand. Job ? Something, but very small cash... I'd continue with more crap, but I prefere leave the hole. It's hard, long and stresfull proces. Seems it works. But sometimes I see myself very freaked alone, which drives me into drink and smoke wheat more than normal... But there's no war without end, so I hope I'd win my war.

Hope you'd do something similar... How ? There's only one person, who can think and desire: YOU. Good luck !!!

It always seems like bad stuff is happening to me too. And I never really know what to do about it. Sometimes I just feel like I need someone to help me out, but it rarely happens. Anyway, I hope things will get better for you. And somehow for me too.