Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When you accomplish Perfect taping !!! Thoughts?

Default When you accomplish Perfect taping !!! Thoughts?

Just diapered myself in a nice Bambino teddy for the night and taped it perfect ! To me a diaper just feels that much better when it has the absolute perfect fit not to tight or loose, the elastic around the legs fits perfect, and the backside padding is that much cushier! It seem that no matter how much I try I rarely get it perfect.

I wear at night most nights and figure I figure I have the perfect taping 1 of 10 nights just under every 2 weeks. I'd love to know your thoughts! How's your experience with the "perfect taping"? Is there a perfect taping for you? or do you always accomplish "perfect taping" ? if not how often do you accomplish it? Is there a certain diaper that makes it even better for you?

Anything to add is great !

Perfect taping is definitely something that i value greatly. Im semi OCD about certain stuff and this is one of those things that i really want to be perfect, but don't always achieve. I want my tapes to be symmetrically placed and also just right so that the cuffs dont fold up and it doesn't cut off circulation without there being loose spots. It's definitely a challenge to get it done right, and nearly every time i put on a diaper i have to readjust the tapes a couple times(which is a lengthy and semi stressful process). It's probably the main reason why i dont wear more often, it becomes a hassle sometimes to just get into a diaper sometimes to where even though i have time and feel like wearing, i just don't want to bother and wind up being uncomfortable with it. then sometimes when it almost feels perfect, once ive wet a couple times i have to readjust again because it changes shape.

I haven't perfected it yet but, I've learned that the higher(well closer to the center) that i place the bottom tapes, the more comfortable the fit is, but it feels looser too(which is the definition of comfort to me). I haven't had any sort of problems with leaks, and it seems to help keep my diaper from riding up my thighs which is also pretty aggravating.

I love it when i get my diapered taped on perfectly, i never have any leaks then, and for public use it is much more quite when taped just right and it also just looks good. just wish there was a trick to tape it prefect every time, if only we had 4 hands that would help :P

I usually get it right most times when I'm not experimenting with it.

- Pay attention to landmarks. The wetness indicator is a good way to align the tapes to center. Edges of padding, elastic lines, and features on your own body (belly button, freckles/moles/hair, hips, etc.) are also good ways to get the positioning consistent.

- When taping, start with whatever tapes you judge are least crucial to get right. In my case the leg opens seem to matter the most (too loose and it can leak easier, too tight and it stretches and leaks anyway, just the right pressure but in the wrong spot and it leaks out an odd gap), so I start with the waist. This makes it easier to line the more critical lower tapes up.

- Tape standing up so that the diaper is free to move around on its own. This allows it to seek its natural fit as you line everything up (as opposed to being trapped immobile underneath you on a mattress).

- Once you can get it consistent, make small adjustments to how you do it after every change and pay attention to how they effect the fit and performance. Continue to make small changes based on observations.

- Always try and find the root cause of why a change in taping method seemed to do what it did. Changed the angle on a tape and noticed it fits better? Maybe it's not the angle but the fact that it made the fit looser, or because the way that you angled your wrist caused more diaper material to be pulled over a certain area.

- Once you figure out what works perfectly, remember the landmarks you used and aim for it the next few times you diaper up. At this point I can list off the order and positioning of tapes for most of the diapers I've worn more than a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by irnub View Post

- Pay attention to landmarks. The wetness indicator is a good way to align the tapes to center. Edges of padding, elastic lines, and features on your own body (belly button, freckles/moles/hair, hips, etc.) are also good ways to get the positioning consistent.

- When taping, start with whatever tapes you judge are least crucial to get right. In my case the leg opens seem to matter the most (too loose and it can leak easier, too tight and it stretches and leaks anyway, just the right pressure but in the wrong spot and it leaks out an odd gap), so I start with the waist. This makes it easier to line the more critical lower tapes up.

- Tape standing up so that the diaper is free to move around on its own. This allows it to seek its natural fit as you line everything up (as opposed to being trapped immobile underneath you on a mattress).

- Once you can get it consistent, make small adjustments to how you do it after every change and pay attention to how they effect the fit and performance. Continue to make small changes based on observations.

- Always try and find the root cause of why a change in taping method seemed to do what it did. Changed the angle on a tape and noticed it fits better? Maybe it's not the angle but the fact that it made the fit looser, or because the way that you angled your wrist caused more diaper material to be pulled over a certain area.

- Once you figure out what works perfectly, remember the landmarks you used and aim for it the next few times you diaper up. At this point I can list off the order and positioning of tapes for most of the diapers I've worn more than a few times.
    ^^^^
    THIS! This is very good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by askmelater47 View Post
    I haven't perfected it yet but, I've learned that the higher(well closer to the center) that i place the bottom tapes, the more comfortable the fit is, but it feels looser too(which is the definition of comfort to me). I haven't had any sort of problems with leaks, and it seems to help keep my diaper from riding up my thighs which is also pretty aggravating.
    After seeing this post and thinking about this earlier comment, it made me wanna diaper up tonight. i realized that last time i diapered up id forgotten my method as it had been a few months since my last diaper before that, so tonight i went and diapered up right, like i was saying in the above comment, i do my bottom tapes higher than i used to, off my thighs so that they nearly point straight towards the middle center of the diaper. its a much more comfortable fit, but where i was wrong in my above comment is that its actually a pretty snug fit. Its less restrictive on the legs which allows more comfortable freedom of movement.

Once I taped a Depends green (1991) perfectly. I wet in my sleep, and the diaper was a ball of pee around my genitals. I finished, but it was ...different. i was on drug4 which I don't recommend but it was really hot.

My AB boyfriend once fixed my tapes and it was diaper heaven the rest of the morning ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by irnub View Post

Great advice indeed! I have tried land marking on my diapers and because of it I am much better at taping but not perfect! It's that 1 in 10 when the diaper just feels that much better for me! It is very tough to beat that feeling.

the only diaper that I have been able to tape perfectly is abena. If it's any other diaper it doesn't happen but it happens every time I put an abena on.