Thread: Got new Tena slips today

Default Got new Tena slips today

Hello everyone, I have just joined Adisc after finding this site a month ago when trying to find information about the new Tena slips.

Today I brought some which are the supers.

I was not looking forward to the change and was hoping that if they made them to the same specification as the Ultima then that might not be as bad, but unfortunately not.

They have writing in the middle of the pad which runs from front to back, one of Tenas points on the 'improvements' was more discretion. If someone's top was to ride up and show their nappy then I am sure writing would be more noticeable than just the dots of before. (These also have the dots) They have Velcro fasteners, which I have not had much luck with in the past.

Yet to actually try them so this is just based on the look of them as had to go out to work just after getting them so will have to update on that.

Can anyone advise how to upload photos to this site? I have taken several pics for anyone interested but can't see how to upload.

Hello Monkeypuzzler I'm MonkeyDoodle and welcome to the group, would you mind making a intro just so we can get to know a little bit more about you Thanks.
    Greetings / Introductions

Lozza1979

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeypuzzler View Post
    Hello everyone, I have just joined Adisc after finding this site a month ago when trying to find information about the new Tena slips.

Today I brought some which are the supers.

I was not looking forward to the change and was hoping that if they made them to the same specification as the Ultima then that might not be as bad, but unfortunately not.

They have writing in the middle of the pad which runs from front to back, one of Tenas points on the 'improvements' was more discretion. If someone's top was to ride up and show their nappy then I am sure writing would be more noticeable than just the dots of before. (These also have the dots) They have Velcro fasteners, which I have not had much luck with in the past.

Yet to actually try them so this is just based on the look of them as had to go out to work just after getting them so will have to update on that.

Can anyone advise how to upload photos to this site? I have taken several pics for anyone interested but can't see how to upload.
    I too am curious about the performance of the new Tena's.

Figured out how to upload photos so here's a few:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	20503

Views:	558 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	20506

Views:	506 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	20504

Views:	369 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	20505

Views:	365 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	20507

Views:	314 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	20508

Views:	540 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	20509

Problems identified so far are firstly the tapes can't be readjusted many times as each time they are opened a little bit of the non woven backing sticks to the Velcro and reduces its efficiency.

Secondly, I noticed quite a bit of chaffing at the top of thighs. Where the smooth plastic before glided over my hairy legs these obviously provide a higher level of friction. Didn't notice this with the Ultima as use them at night and not walking around.

Lastly, there is nothing to use as a reference point when applying fasteners to ensure the perfect tightness and symmetry.

On the absorbency front I would say they are about the same as the product they replaced.

All in all rather disappointed and perhaps the best adult nappy on the market has been ruined.

Go to Asda make sure it's got a pharmacy they had the old type Tena's in there

Will bear that in mind Parcelboy2, thanks.

Certainly is MaxiPad89, they were among the first I tried and have used them almost exclusively for the last 14 years. RIP Tena Slip.

Damn, I WISH my supplier would ALREADY HAVE THEM ... exactly the diaper I've been waiting for, for a Long time.
    THANK YOU TENA... now hurry up and get it to my supplier....

This is good news... so good news.