Thread: modding

Default modding

hey ADISC, this is my first forum post so please give me some feedback, i was wondering how i could mod an adult diaper to maybe make it fit better, if you look on page 180 in YOUR STASH i posted a picture of the first quality diapers by prevail i bought from a pharmacy, the only thing is, even though i got the medium size which says it fits my waist size, it still doesn't stay on very well, the tapes keep popping off, so i was wondering maybe if i used super strong glue on the tapes would that help them stay on better? because i want to be able to wear it without the tapes popping off, and yes i will go get another brand as soon as i have some time to myself, i might buy some tena diapers since they are my favorite brand, and possibly look for some goodnites diapers, or is it possible to turn the diaper into a pull up instead of a brief? maybe take the tapes off and just glue the sides together? let me know what you guys think. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by love4nappies View Post
    hey ADISC, this is my first forum post so please give me some feedback, i was wondering how i could mod an adult diaper to maybe make it fit better, if you look on page 180 in YOUR STASH i posted a picture of the first quality diapers by prevail i bought from a pharmacy, the only thing is, even though i got the medium size which says it fits my waist size, it still doesn't stay on very well, the tapes keep popping off, so i was wondering maybe if i used super strong glue on the tapes would that help them stay on better? because i want to be able to wear it without the tapes popping off, and yes i will go get another brand as soon as i have some time to myself, i might buy some tena diapers since they are my favorite brand, and possibly look for some goodnites diapers, or is it possible to turn the diaper into a pull up instead of a brief? maybe take the tapes off and just glue the sides together? let me know what you guys think. thanks
    Duct Tape or Packaging Tape. (Get the good stuff, cheap packaging tape is a mess) Glue isn't something you want in a private place...

Quote Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
    Duct Tape or Packaging Tape. (Get the good stuff, cheap packaging tape is a mess) Glue isn't something you want in a private place...
    lol, i wouldn't put glue on the inside of the diaper, just on the outside where the tapes are, i have tried duct tape before which i guess works but it's kind of annoying, but if it's the best thing for it i guess i could use it again

Littlemonkey

Press down on the tapes see if that helps any. Sometimes they just aren't pressed on good enough.

One reason that I like cloth backed diapers is that they have velcro which is infinitely superior to plastic and tape fastening systems in that you can place and reposition velcro and cloth type diapers numerous times. Tapes are trickier. Sometimes the use of ointments, oils or powders can contaminate to tape or landing zone. The oils or things on your hands can ruin the tapes effectiveness (you must use minimal contact to attach your diaper tapes). You have to try to get good contact first time out, then press the tape into the plastic vigorously. If you cover your disposable adult diaper either with a cotton brief (whitey-tightey) or with plastic pants this will also assist in the fit and security of the diaper itself EVEN if the tapes give way.

I use clear packing tape all the time over all 4 tapes. It makes the diaper really sturdy and not stretch out as much over time. I can effectively use the diaper as a pullup with a little work. This has worked for me with the Bellissimos and they Dry 24/7.