Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USA to Uk postage costs why USPS expensive

Default USA to Uk postage costs why USPS expensive

I've been trying to shop for booster pads for my cloth diapers found a site that does them for $8.99 each but they want $47 postage Hey i'm in the UK not Timbuktu It would be cheaper for me to buy some small cloth diapers over here and make them

They eliminated the surface mail options some years back and since that time there haven't been any cheap overseas shipping options.

Message the shop owner. Ask if there's a possibility for them to ship via UPS or DHL. Either of those should have a more economical option. (Albeit it still won't be cheap)

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    Just make your own or use a hand-towel.
    I think I will as you can get towels for 4

I use baby cloth diapers (flats or prefolds) as boosters. Also doesn't anyone in the UK sell boosters?

It is just as bad for shipping from the US to Canada, one of the main reasons I buy local and not online very often, sometimes the shipping is as much as a case of disposables!

Quote Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
    It is just as bad for shipping from the US to Canada, one of the main reasons I buy local and not online very often, sometimes the shipping is as much as a case of disposables!
    I'm lucky here on the online diaper front got a good company that does case saver options and also no tax on them as they're for personal use

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I use baby cloth diapers (flats or prefolds) as boosters. Also doesn't anyone in the UK sell boosters?
    No they don't only for premade not straight cloth squares

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    You can try Arizona online (on my tablet: no Linky). They do a booster for their 'bed wetting nappy'.
    Also, Dunelm do(?) A towelling bathmat which is thick, yet small. I use these as my boosters, for when need be (folded thricely for my bed wetting nappy).

To be honest, though, if you just get Asda's Elegant Living bath sheet (850gsm, approx), it's big enough to fold in half and don as that. No need for boosters.