Thread: A couple ?'s

Default A couple ?'s

1. Haven't had it happen, but what do you think would happen if a friend randomly saw a diaper like say on your desk and knew you were not IC?
    and 2. Anybody have any experience with the select diapers from north shore care?
    Last edited by dprlvr1; 14-Apr-2014 at 08:00.

1. I think they might be a bit embarrassed for you and assume you are incontinent. Unless it was one of those AB-diapers with the colorful designs. In that case, I'm not sure what they would do or think.

2. Not me, sorry.

Ah, I meant if they knew you well and knew you were not IC, sorry.

The Select brand, is a cheaper alternate to Tranquility, Tranquility is ok, but they have their cons. If you are looking for some type of diaper quality in the middle, Tranquility fits the bill. Just don't expect it to wow you in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    The Select brand, is a cheaper alternate to Tranquility, Tranquility is ok, but they have their cons. If you are looking for some type of diaper quality in the middle, Tranquility fits the bill. Just don't expect it to wow you in any way.
    I have ATN's I am just wondering if these "puff up" like the ATN's but with less needed capacity? (wetting capacity)

1. I think most people wouldn't say anything. they might wonder why, but probably wouldn't confront you.

2. No.

Lozza1979

I went into a store today and bought some nappies as my delivery from last week was late.The young woman at the till gave a strange look and she looked almost uncomfortable selling them.Se kept looking up at me as if to say 'do you actually wear these?'.It didn't bother me at all but somebody who works in a pharmacy shouldn't look so surprised.I know its not quite the same thing as what OP was asking but I thought I'd share it.

Quote Originally Posted by dprlvr1 View Post
    Haven't had it happen, but what do you think would happen if a friend randomly saw a diaper like say on your desk and knew you were not IC?
    Probably think you were IC and hid it very well. Or think it was there for some weird reason they'd never think of in a million years. If I saw one on someones desk I'd either ignore it, or make a joking reference to it that left them an out if I wasn't sure they were aware it was there (e.g. *incline head towards diaper* "planning on hazing someone or something?").

Quote Originally Posted by dprlvr1 View Post
    Anybody have any experience with the select diapers from north shore care?
    Yep, I made a thread about them but no one else seemed to have head of them. They're basically budget tranquility ATNs. The capacity is stated right on the front of the package, both the total capacity (whatever that means) and the capacity under pressure (so how much it holds when pressure is applied, e.g. sitting down) which I think is pretty cool. The stated capacities seem pretty accurate, something on the order of ~16oz with the medium. Pricing is competitive with depends fitted, but overall it's probably a better diaper than depends. Construction feels very much like the absorbency plus diapers from XP medical, but with way way less capacity. They're soft plastic, gel up when wet, and have no leak guards. They also have a double tape system, though I've never actually taken advantage of a double tape system in the several years I've been a practicing DL.

If I were incon, I'd probably keep a pack of these handy as an in-between diaper (like if I had to change but was planning on leaving the house shortly so didn't want to put on a premium just yet). Since I'm not, I just use them if I want a cheap diaper to have fun with when I don't have time to wear one for 8 hours. It feels like such a waste to do that with a $1.50 premium.