Thread: 2014 NHL Playoff predictions!

Default 2014 NHL Playoff predictions!

Thought this might be fun, NHL's site has a playoff bracket challenge going on, so for the hockey fans of this site, who do you think will win the cup?

The Wild don't stand a chance against the Avs, and the Blues have gone mad, lost their past 6. Ducks have it over the stars. LA and Sharks is a toss up, but feel the Sharks have it a bit more than the Kings.

In the East, it won't be easy, but the Wings have beaten the Bruins in the regular season, Pens will choke, Montreal isn't allowed to win a cup. Rangers suck, but so do the flyers...

Round 2.

Avs have the Hawks number this year, Ducks and Sharks is a toss up again, those Cali teams are hard to pin point, The Wings have it over Tampa and Blue Jackets will whoop the Flyers.

Round 3.

Honestly think the Avs can take the ducks, but I am being biased in the East, Wings had a tough time regular season against the Jackets, even though we will have a healthy team, I have high hopes we can win.

Final

Avs and Wings Final, the game I have dreamed about for years! Wings take it in 7 game going into double OT, game winner scored by Zetterberg.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2014-04-13 at 10.58.43 PM.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	20491

I have to go with my wild over the avs in the first round... but from there on it's somewhat disappointing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluehusky View Post

I have to go with my wild over the avs in the first round... but from there on it's somewhat disappointing for me.
    Hmm interesting picks. I don't see the Blues making it far, they have lost their top players and can't seem to capitalize on much, even the Wings shut them out today with an AHL goalie. Not gonna say they were resting, they could have tried for the spot against the Wild. Though the Avs OT point gave them the clinch.

You may be right on Montreal over Tampa.

But then again it's playoff hockey and ANYTHING can happen. Look at last year or the year before.

Since my team failed playoffs: Maple Leafs. I hope that the Rangers victories.
    Zucca play there. Mats Zuccarello's one of my favorite players. At least outside of my team Maple Leafs. Then there is at least one team I can root for in the playoffs.
    My tip is then: Round 1 winners: Colorado Avalanche - Chicago Blackhawks - Anaheim Ducks - San Jose Sharks - Boston Bruins - Tampa Bay Lightning - Pittsburgh Penguins - New York Rangers ... Round 2 winners: Chicago Blackhawks - Anaheim Ducks - Boston Bruins - New York Rangers Round 3 winners: Anaheim Ducks - New York Rangers .. In other words, the Stanley Cup finals by Ducks vs Rangers ...
    But I guess I've more or less going with the heart than head. But it will be fun anyway ... Good luck with your favorite team
    Last edited by babyhelge; 14-Apr-2014 at 18:40. Reason: forgot somthing

Name:	NHL.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	20501
    "That's hockey baby"

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluehusky View Post

This reads like someone whose team is in the west. All the eastern predictions seem to follow general assumptions rather than current performance.

Rangers/Flyers is probably 50/50, I'll give you that one. Penguins over Blue Jackets also seems likely, I'll give you that too. As well as Bruins over the Red Wings.

Penguins over the Flyers? Flyers have really had Pittsburgh's number lately, this season and past. I think the Penguins winning that series would be a significant upset comparing the two teams head-to-head. Same for the Canadiens over Tampa. Both of those predictions are pretty bold.

Blues have been in a tailspin lately. I have trouble imagining them beating the Hawks, much less any other team they run into, much less win the Cup. Hell, they're in a six-game losing streak right now. Wild over the Avs is also pretty bold.

It would take a ton of upsets for this bracket to be accurate.