Thread: Absorbency Plus Level 4

Default Absorbency Plus Level 4

Anybody used these? I've ordered a pack of 10 in two sizes since i'm in between. They say that they can take up to 86 ounces of fluid, which is a bunch, but i just realized that they don't look like they have secondary elastic barrier that most high quality diapers have (I can't remember what it is called).

Has anybody noticed if that particular missing feature has caused you problems? How do you like the diaper?

They're my main go to daytime diaper. They don't have standing leak guards nor waistbands. Gary has already improved the tapes.
    Made them larger and improved adhesive. The machines these are made on can't run double tapes. I'm on my second case and haven't
    had any leak problems with them. I don't sleep in mine since I use cloth for overnight.

I've been through a bag of the 3s and used a couple of the 4s. They don't seem all that different from one another (reminds me of the difference between Abenas 3s and 4s). So far, I haven't experienced any problems with them aside from the tapes being likely to give way but mine were from the first batch, so I'm hoping that has been fixed. I like them, although I would be a bit concerned about messes without standing leak guards.

I have pretty much decided that these are my go to diaper from here on out. While they lack leak guards, the absorbancy is unreal on them. I have yet to have a leak after going through a bag and a half. I have not however, tried to mess in them, as its not my thing. I'm rather unsure how well they'd contain a mess, especially if you were active.
    All in all though I'm very impressed with them, no leaks during sleep (back sleeper) so it seems the lack of a waistband isn't a breaking factor either. Another thing I find truly impressive is the lack of "weeping/diaper sweats" this diaper has. The plastic shell doesn't seem high quality, but has yet to let me down. If I were to numerically rate it, I'd give it an 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I like them, although I would be a bit concerned about messes without standing leak guards.
    Good point. I would actually have to worry about this, but I have to make myself use the potty for that, my room isn't well ventilated so i can't get away with a messy diaper.

- - - Updated - - -

well so far it sounds like it should be a good buy, I'm anxious to get mine in the mail. I hope the large size fits better, It makes me feel a bit 'smaller' to have a diaper that fits around my waist really well.

I have tried many different brands, and styles. The Abena M4 is my favorite and I use them all the time. It does leak barriers in the ones I get. I think they all do.
    I occasionally try some new briefs when they come out, but seem to always come back to the Abena M4.

I had used Wellness Briefs for awhile a few years ago. But then they were using a plastic backing that had pin holes in them. At first I thought I had gotten them to wet, but finally realized what was happening. At first Wellness totally denied that there was a problem. Then they all of a sudden changed their story. They developed a new brief that was to correct the problem with the backing, so I tried them. No Difference!!! They left me a little embarrassed a couple times. Again they refused to believe me when I mentioned the problem. These new briefs also have problems with the upper left tape always tearing off.
    Now they have come out with another new and improved model.With all my earlier misadventures with them I became curious about them and ordered a bag. They actually aren't all that bad of a diaper. Their absorbancy seems to be as good as the Abena M4. Their cost per brief is about 2 cents higher and they aren't quite as thick.

The owners of Restored Living have also come out with a new brief called the Absorbancy Plus 3 or 4. These are a pretty thick diaper with plastic backing. There are no leak guards, but the padding seems to absorb quick enough that I haven't had any leakage problem.

I have tried the Bambino's, and other "novelty" diapers. They are really good diapers, but when you have to wear them all the time they become to expensive.

So, for the best economy, security, and comfort I seem to always come back to Abena.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty61 View Post
    I had used Wellness Briefs for awhile a few years ago. But then they were using a plastic backing that had pin holes in them. At first I thought I had gotten them to wet, but finally realized what was happening. At first Wellness totally denied that there was a problem. Then they all of a sudden changed their story. They developed a new brief that was to correct the problem with the backing, so I tried them. No Difference!!! They left me a little embarrassed a couple times. Again they refused to believe me when I mentioned the problem. These new briefs also have problems with the upper left tape always tearing off.
    Now they have come out with another new and improved model.With all my earlier misadventures with them I became curious about them and ordered a bag. They actually aren't all that bad of a diaper. Their absorbancy seems to be as good as the Abena M4. Their cost per brief is about 2 cents higher and they aren't quite as thick.

The owners of Restored Living have also come out with a new brief called the Absorbancy Plus 3 or 4. These are a pretty thick diaper with plastic backing. There are no leak guards, but the padding seems to absorb quick enough that I haven't had any leakage problem.
    Wait, so are the makers of wellness briefs the same as the makers for the absorbancy plus?

No. Wellness is totally different. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear.
    Also, I stated that the owner of Restored Living made the absorbancy plus. That was wrong. They do sell Absorbancy plus diapers, at $8 higher, but Gary at XP medical is the designer and producer of this diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty61 View Post
    No. Wellness is totally different. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear.
    Also, I stated that the owner of Restored Living made the absorbancy plus. That was wrong. They do sell Absorbancy plus diapers, at $8 higher, but Gary at XP medical is the designer and producer of this diaper.
    Ah, ok. Well as long as it isn't made by the same people who have that pin hole problem, that would have me worried.