Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone feel really depressed?

Default Anyone feel really depressed?

Today was a rough day and I don't know why. I felt irritable all day and when I finally got home I put on a diaper and a really big tee-shirt stuck my paci in my mouth, filled up a bottle and felt a bit better. But I can't shake the feeling of depression. I keep coming back to the fact that I have to go back to responsibility and adult things and that I wont find someone who will treat me like the toddler I want to be.

Does anyone else ever feel like this? like you wont ever really get a into a situation that makes you happy? Everything good about the life style just feels so temporary. I dunno just need some ideas as to how others deal with this.

I'm still working on it. I haven't found a good way to deal with depressive tendency's or triggers.

I sometimes deal with depression on Saturdays. I have my routine for Monday through Friday, and I work on Sunday, but Saturday is different. I was fine today because I rewired and refitted two lamps. Then I chilled out the rest of the day listening to music while reading. It was a beautiful day and my wife and I were out in our sun room.

Keeping busy and finding things to do really helps. I'll be out on my bike next week, bringing in the warm spring weather, which we now have in Virginia. Find things that make you happy and motivate yourself to do them. Sitting around and doing nothing causes depression for me.

As fun as diapers are, I don't think that escaping is a good solution for the type of depression that you're talking about, BabyNak. Everyone has up and down moments, but if you're feeling really blue and worrying about going back into the world, escaping just makes that worry stronger.

I'd suggest some of the more classic remedies. Take a long walk or a run, put on some good music (try classical, I think it's good for changing your brain around), make something nice to eat and make sure you get enough sleep. You might find that just that kind of basic stuff will make you more ready to go out and face the world, and more eager to find that special someone that completes you.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyNak View Post
    I keep coming back to the fact that I have to go back to responsibility and adult things and that I wont find someone who will treat me like the toddler I want to be.
    I used to get feeling this way a lot, and every once in a while i still do, but there is something that I realized that made me do a bit better.

Personally, I don't want to get married to anybody that won't acknowledge my little side, and not take some type of a role in it. I would hope that they think it is cute and they at least sort of enjoy it. So, for me, that make me feel more hopeful, because now i don't contemplate if my future wife will ever treat me the way I hope, because I won't settle for less than at least some amount of fulfilling my dreams.

That brings me to a different depressing matter though, which is, what if I don't find that person? I might not ever get married, which seems kinda sad. What i had to learn, was that happiness does not revolve around being married. My psychologist taught me that people want to marry other happy people, so if you make your happiness dependent on being in a relationship, then you won't be very happy to attract very many mates. You have to be happy being a single person. This was hard for me to get over, because my life has been taught to revolve around very specific ideals, one of them being marriage and having a family. There is a huge stigma that you can't possibly be happy single, but it isn't true, marriage is just an expansion to your current happiness, and in some ways, a transfer to how you receive your happiness.

Think of how much freedom you have being single, not saying that loosing freedom is a horrible thing, so you shouldn't get married, but essentially, you get to go out and have a bunch of fun whenever you want, you are your own commander.

I personally have had to work a lot to build a personal acceptance that i could actually really enjoy life being single. I look forward to goals of traveling and seeing places, and making my own nursery and whatever, I'll have a ton of money to myself. That may sound selfish, and it may sound like a recipe for a lonely life spending a bunch of money on myself and that being my goal, but that doesn't mean i can't spend it on helping other people either. I don't think it is a bad outlook though, I think it is good to have a backup, or tentative plan of what i'm going to do with my life if i'm single for all of it, that way I don't get burdened with depression thinking about how terrible my life will be as a single person, and because i'm not as depressed, i'm also a bit more happy, and more likely to attract my special someone.

That is at least the way i have tried to approach it.

I have had a lot of troubles in this department, it seems like just about everything sets me off and gets me down recently. Whether it be problems with the roommate, issues at work, issues with friends, daddy issues, I have a near constant feeling of disappointment/worthlessness. to me it feels like nobody wants to be around me, rather they just put up with me. I keep getting told that this isn't the case but it only helps a little bit. for me, even diapering up doesn't let the feelings go away, but it does sooth me some. I wish I didn't feel like this, but it's becoming par for the course for me.

Hey there, BabyNak, You're very young and vital in soooo many ways.
    Have you thought of professional help at any point? I started to get help when I was twenty and I am far better off as a result.
    Is your depression/anxiety a result of your AB/DL desires, or is it a more general type of depression?
    Your question states, "Anyone feel really depressed?" Sure, many of us do. In my particular case, I've been diagnosed with major depression, panic disorder, bipolar 2 and other things I just don't care to get into right at this moment.
    I have been prescribed many medications and have experienced (fairly) good results from them.
    At the very least, do yourself a favor and look into some type of professional intervention.
    And, let us know how you're doing.

Yes, I have been very depressed for more than a month, worse than at any other point in my entire life. I have had problems working up the courage to speak to my wife. I have probed enough to know that I can't really say what I want to her without destroying our marriage so I keep the details of my dark secret to myself.

Now, I don't sleep, I hardly eat and I feel like I'm dying every day. It is harder and harder making it to work and when I get there I usually just stare at the screen. On the plus side I've lost about 15 pounds. Do not start a serious relationship without telling the other person up front what ever it is you need to. The feelings you have are probably going to be with you for make the best of it.
    Last edited by bfp2; 15-Apr-2014 at 11:39.

go find people less fortunate than you, the disabled, the elderly, the poor, unless your elderly disabled and poor in which case that won't really help you, but I bet you things are not as bad as you think they are and you're gonna be all right.

Get out there, be active, live, meet people in real life, form good bonds with people you can trust online(be real careful with that one)

I'm 36 and use to feel real depressed at times when I was younger, and I missed out on so much of my youth, filled with self doubt and loathing, my life has changed so much in the last two years, all the stuff I use to whine about seems so trivial now.

It gets better, but sometimes it get worse too, try to enjoy what moments you have in the present

- - - Updated - - -

also stop saying that you won't find someone that will treat you the way you want to be treated,

you don't know thats how it will turn out for you, you might finally find someone who wants to treat you like a child and find out its not what you really wanted.

Try to focus on finding someone who will love you for who you are, its a much better quest, and I think it will lead you to a more complete happiness and fulfillment, and remember to love whoever you do find in return, there are a lot of folks out there who just want to be loved but don't return the love or know how to, and that kind of love doesn't last long