Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby-Pants traning pants sizing

Default Baby-Pants traning pants sizing

I have a Baby-pants onesie in a size small, and it's a bit too big on me - I'll be trying the extra small next, even though I'm on the upward end of their measurements. The small was super stretchy and didn't shrink much when I washed it, so it's too big around my legs and in the length.

I'm looking at getting the training pants, but I'm confused about what size I should wear. My waist was 34, but if I move the tape up a couple inches on my torso (I'm guessing the training pants sit higher up, not low on my hips), I get 32. Around my leg is 24. I'm torn between getting a small and a medium - the medium seems more in line with my measurements, but the fabric STRETCHES so maybe a small would be better? Help?

Quote Originally Posted by giantshrimps View Post
    ...but the fabric STRETCHES so maybe a small would be better? Help?
    Nooooooooo. Not with these! The fabric does not stretch -- not very much, anyway. That is why there are so many sizes. The sizing is critical. My recommendation would be to look at the size chart, then go a size larger. When I ordered my first pair of these, I was dumb, and didn't account for shrinkage. They fit beautifully right out of the box, but lost almost a whole size in just the first wash, and after that there was no putting them on. I ended up ordering a size larger than what the size chart indicated, and that worked out fine.

Baby training pant supposed to be not so tite that so toddler can get them down easy if not may have accident little ones some times need to get them fast :-)

Hm, good points. So with those measurements, would you suggest a medium?

I wear 32" pants (waist) and I find the medium size to fit me well. The earlier ones they sold rode short on me, but the ones I bought most recently are cut a little higher. I really like them.

Quote Originally Posted by giantshrimps View Post
    Hm, good points. So with those measurements, would you suggest a medium?
    No have yet to get my first pair learning as you are.
    I just have knowledge on how you pick for a toddler.
    I would try med some say they shrink just to be safe my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I wear 32" pants (waist) and I find the medium size to fit me well. The earlier ones they sold rode short on me, but the ones I bought most recently are cut a little higher. I really like them.
    Thank you. Where on your body do you measure for these? My jeans tend to sit lower on my hips, but if the training pants sit higher, then I measure 32", so a medium should work?

I measure at the belt line, but I realize that may be flexible considering people wear pants differently. The belt line should be right above the hip bones where they stick out. I stood up and checked, and I think this is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I measure at the belt line, but I realize that may be flexible considering people wear pants differently. The belt line should be right above the hip bones where they stick out. I stood up and checked, and I think this is correct.
    Oh, so about where I measure 32. Great, I think I'll try the mediums. If they seem like they'll be too small if they shrink, I'll dry them with no heat. Thank you for the help!

Remember the critical measurement - the HIPS.
    Anything that is PULL-ON by nature has to be able to pass over the HIPS to rest at a waist line.
    Now add the diapers to the HIP component to get the answer to what fits at the waist !
    I.E. waist = 36 inches - Hips = 40 (add 2 inches diaper padding) now = 42
    So now order your diapers to have at least a 42 inch waist.
    Normally after pulling your diapers and cover on over the 42 inch hips there will be enough elastic
    to shrink down to your waist. For men not so critical as mens waist to hip ratio is generally less than
    4 inches - for women (think hour glass) and the ratio is greater by 6 or more inches.

Experimenting around with a first set of expendable diapers is one good way of determining your needs !