Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An interesting question

Default An interesting question

Here's an interesting question I saw on reddit a few nights a go.

If you could forget everything about one game, so you could re-experience it, which game would it be?

For me it would be Half-Life 2. I remember playing through it for the first time as a 13 year and was amazed. Hell I still am amazed at everything it did, from the story to the gameplay mechanics. I'd love to re-capture that magic from when I played as a 13 year old.

Just saw this. I would say my first experience with a game was Super Mario World. We had no internet when it first came out so my wife and I spent hours, no weeks finding all the secrets. Some of it was just going through the worlds until you got it right, like "Tubular". Fun and frustration...!

Probably my favourite game : Deus Ex.

I was so blown by everything in this game, I loved discovering everything in every cities. Speaking endlessly with a bartender about politics. discovering every hidden things, the complot and such. I loved it !

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. It was a new take on horror games at the time and it's a very unique take on them to this very day; it's one thing for a horror game to have jump scares and graphical monsters, but when the game makes you think your television turned off, or that your controller disconnected, or your memory card got wiped, that's when your palms start to sweat... And then you end up laughing at yourself for falling for it.

For me it would have to be: The Original Halo (XBOX) I remember playing the game with a friend until the wee hours of the morning and strategizing ways to get past certain areas. I also remember beating the Maw on Legendary and it took us 5 hours to do so. I would love to re-do that all over again.

Kingdom Hearts. The feelings of anger and happiness I had the whole time playing the game was just so amazing. I would love to experience them again.

It might be "The Longest Journey" which is an older RPG game. I really loved the storyline and found the world truly immersive. I tried to play the sequel to the game but found the controls a bit difficult and clunky, and didn't get nearly as pulled in to the game.

Oh eww, gross, Le Reddit.

Anyways, my answer would probably have to be Red Dead Redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by koda42 View Post
    Probably my favourite game : Deus Ex.

I was so blown by everything in this game, I loved discovering everything in every cities. Speaking endlessly with a bartender about politics. discovering every hidden things, the complot and such. I loved it !
    Me too. I was too young when it came out so I didn't understand a lot of the references and it took me a long time to finish. I would love to be able to do it again without knowing anything. I'm actually starting to record a LP of it with the new texture mods and such. It's actually pretty sweet to be able to play it without it looking completely awful.