Thread: Vintage diaper stock

Default Vintage diaper stock

If you sleuth the web enough, you will come across places that seemingly still have old diapers in stock. Check this out:

Training Pants at Key Foods

Diapers at Key Foods

They ship orders, but I am not in the US, so I can't buy them. The diaper counts are different for the older packages. Also, you can specify in the order form that no substitutions are allowed.

I didn't know the older diapers and training pants were still available accept on ebay?

Be aware on what you buy. The read the disclaimer. To be sure they are Vintage or plastic backed diapers. I would call the numbers to be sure you are buying the same thing.

Disclaimer: Actual product packaging and materials may contain additional and/or different ingredient, nutritional or proper usage information than the information displayed on our website.

I bought some diapers thinking that they are plastic backed. I was wrong. The image they had on their web site was the vintage or plastic backed diapers. I was buying Huggies baby steps for him size 5. What I got was the new Huggies snug and dry cloth backed size 5. So I am just telling you to be careful on what you buy. So you won't waste money.

Darthwader

Quote Originally Posted by BabyToddler View Post
    Be aware on what you buy. The read the disclaimer. To be sure they are Vintage or plastic backed diapers. I would call the numbers to be sure you are buying the same thing.

Disclaimer: Actual product packaging and materials may contain additional and/or different ingredient, nutritional or proper usage information than the information displayed on our website.

I bought some diapers thinking that they are plastic backed. I was wrong. The image they had on their web site was the vintage or plastic backed diapers. I was buying Huggies baby steps for him size 5. What I got was the new Huggies snug and dry cloth backed size 5. So I am just telling you to be careful on what you buy. So you won't waste money.
    BabyToddler is absolutely right. And even if you look at the pictures on the website and compare them to the text concerning count and size, it looks like about half of them correspond.

Another thing to take into consideration is the age, if they actually carry the old stock. Technically, diapers and training pants do have an expiration date, but if kept in the proper environment, can be still usable. Speaking from experience here, I just bought about a half dozen different vintage diaper and training pants from various stores (the earliest from 2004) and most of them do not have the soft, absorbent and pliable feel they once had. I'm not telling you whether or not you should do it, but I'm warning you that you might not be happy with the end result.