Thread: To those who don't know me, hello!

Default To those who don't know me, hello!

I realize I am no longer considered a new contributor or anything, but I also realize how removed I have been from the site for the last while. Because of how long its been since I was anything truly resembling an active user, I felt it appropriate to reintroduce myself.

Now I know that I originally introduced myself as straight, but truth be told I have been lying to myself for years and years. I am gay. So in case anyone that knew me before stumbles upon the change to my "about me" section, that is why. I only just started coming to terms with it a couple days ago and while I have lots of support, I have also hit some roadblocks with my dad.

On the ab/dl side of things, I am a 3-5 year old boy on the inside and feel quite uncomfortable in my continually growing body and while I have learned to fit in somewhat in the adult world, I don't really feel i belong. I kinda tend to be shy, but still try to bust out of my shy-ness when I can.

My hobbies include video-gaming, lego, music (playing and listening), comics (making and reading), swimming, biking, basketball and tennis. I am currently enrolled in first year engineering (another reason why I haven't been all that active of late).

Anyway, that is me, for those of you who didn't know me. And for those of you who already did, there is what is going on currently in my life.

Spike

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    Hello Spike and welcome back.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KidSpike13 View Post
    Thanks
    Hi and welcome back. I do remember you. It's not easy making that sort of realization and adjusting to the fact that part of you is a minority. Sexuality is sort of fluid. I had a significant girlfriend when I was in high school, and a very significant boyfriend when I was in college. Now I'm married with children and grandchildren.

I hope life is kind to you and that your father is able to accept you. I suppose parents have this vision as to what their children should be, and how they are going to live their lives. When that suddenly changes, they have to change. If he loves you, he will make the transition in thinking and accept you. As for me, I love my children unconditionally. It doesn't matter what their sexuality is. I just want them to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Hi and welcome back. I do remember you. It's not easy making that sort of realization and adjusting to the fact that part of you is a minority. Sexuality is sort of fluid. I had a significant girlfriend when I was in high school, and a very significant boyfriend when I was in college. Now I'm married with children and grandchildren.

I hope life is kind to you and that your father is able to accept you. I suppose parents have this vision as to what their children should be, and how they are going to live their lives. When that suddenly changes, they have to change. If he loves you, he will make the transition in thinking and accept you. As for me, I love my children unconditionally. It doesn't matter what their sexuality is. I just want them to be happy.
    Thanks a bunch for replying and sharing your own experiences. Personally, I never really wanted a girlfriend, I felt I needed to have one (initially in middle school because of the bullying I was facing, but later because I felt it was my duty as only child to give my parents grandchildren as stupid as that sounds) but I get that as you stated sexuality can be fluid at times. Also, thanks for wishing me luck with my dad. I now think that in the long run, things will turn out quite well but it's been hard to deal with the immediate response all the same.

Seriously, though, it is great to hear from you again and thanks so much for sharing your insight

Hey Spike, welcome back

Glad you're feeling a bit more comfortable with your identity. It took me a while to realise I was gay as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Puppyluvs View Post
    Hey Spike, welcome back

Glad you're feeling a bit more comfortable with your identity. It took me a while to realise I was gay as well.
    thanks for the warm welcome-back!

Hi and welcome back. I do remember you and glad to hear you have accepted who you are.