Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bambino status?

Default Bambino status?

Anyone know what's going on with Bambino? Their medium printed diapers (except for the upside down prints) have been out of stock for a while, and I'm starting to wonder when they'll be back in...

My guess is that they will be back in when they've sold out of the upside down ones.. They seem to stock up in big batches

I notice they have been little quiet lately. I saw on their facebook page that they are making a new diaper. Some kind of cotton liner diaper. It will still be plastic backed. But I am also waiting for some of their diapers to be back in stock too. I e-mail them and got no response back. It is weird they never have been quiet like this before.

The cloth liners were put on the new batch, the upside down ones. I felt a major difference in the softness of the top sheet compared to the ones I got from my October order. However after buying and then returning another case back in Feb I am waiting until august to order again. I just hope they have the bellismo's back closer to the ones I ordered in October. but it seems the manufacture has different quality ideas.

IMHO I think they are trying to cut costs anywhere they can and the products might be worse for it, while not passing savings onto the buyers.

Not sure if that's whats going on but Bambino has issues currently with their supplier.

You are exactly correct! I contacted them and that's pretty much what they said.

Quote Originally Posted by babymt View Post
    My guess is that they will be back in when they've sold out of the upside down ones.. They seem to stock up in big batches

I bought a case of the upside down Teddies recently and they seem pretty much fine. I'm hoping that not all the upside down ones were messed up and only the first few they were sounding out around Valentines day were bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BambinoPants View Post
    You are exactly correct! I contacted them and that's pretty much what they said.
    Yep, its pretty stupid considering they are making such a big deal about them being diffrent enough to have a slight discount. Yet they didn't put in a new order.

Of course the new batch was rushed and was going trough a few design changes:

1. The length of the core/padding *is* half a inch shorter. But still the same weight so it theoretically should hold the same amounts.
    2. the length of the plastic shell is extended like a half inch in the front and back. this means the core/padding won't run all the way to the end of the diapers.
    3. the tapes were placed slightly higher on the back wings.
    4. the top sheet is new metrical and is softer. (top sheet referring to what your diaper area contacts inside the diaper itself. The diapers are of course still plastic backed)

Apparently they adjusted the machines or got new diaper machines. In any case I'll try to order another case in august at some point.

Thanks for the update. I was wondering what was going on. But I wish they would return my e-mails. They never done this to me, even in the past they were good at returning e-mails within 2 to 4 days. Their still my favorite diapers.

medicNS

I just got my order of upsidedown teddies yesterday and HOLY CRAP... I think they are actually way better. The inside is insanely soft and I find they even fit me better. Super pumped! Now if I could just get my wife to wear one....

Quote Originally Posted by medicNS View Post
    I just got my order of upsidedown teddies yesterday and HOLY CRAP... I think they are actually way better. The inside is insanely soft and I find they even fit me better. Super pumped! Now if I could just get my wife to wear one....
    They are indeed insanely soft. If I remember right bambinos were known to be one of the softest diapers even BEFORE this change was made. It's probably one of the only changes they made that I really do like (that an the increased length).

However, I remember in the past where the older bambinos were pretty much impossible for me to get close to 'capacity' before they leaked. Now, they seem to leak almost semi-regularly, if I had to guess I'd say that this is because of a decreased number of leg elastics (2-3 in my case of teddies, down from 4-5 on the older versions) and not so much a change in the actual padding.

Still...softness = awesomeness.