Thread: Best way to apply baby powder

Lozza1979

Default Best way to apply baby powder

Hai

Every time I apply baby powder it gets everywhere...I mean everywhere.When I'm done its on the floor and a fine dust of the stuff covers surrounding areas which means I'm having to wipe down surfaces.Surely there must be a better way.I apply it to the nappy area and even if I'm careful it just seems to cover everything.Perhaps I should put some in the seat of the nappy before putting it on?.I'm not sure.

Can anybody please tell me how to apply baby powder without tuning my home into a snow globe?

Thanks.

Try the inside of the diaper - lightly sprinkling along it or you can also take some in your hand and rub it on your private areas to make sure it gets all around and is covering enough. The former way can become a problem if it all drops to the center and cakes up, so just evenly smooth it on yourself. That's about the best advice I can give, I think. x3

Put t inside the diaper before you lay on it duh..

Tjak2424

I always put in on the diaper before I put it on

I sprinkle a light layer of powder over the padding of the diaper. It's faster then rubbing it in and there's *zero* chance of it getting on the tapes or where the tapes go.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I sprinkle a light layer of powder over the padding of the diaper. It's faster then rubbing it in and there's *zero* chance of it getting on the tapes or where the tapes go.
    Exactly what I do it only goes in the diaper.

I find that it's easiest after I've already put one on. Then I stretch the waist out and pour a little bit in the front and back and pat it a bit.

When I use baby powder I only sprinkle some on the inside of the diaper.

I sit on the diaper, and then sprinkle it on me, if it goes past me, it hits the diaper, if i want to get my mum, i lay back and lift my legs. If that doesn't do it for you, you could always have a blanket specifically for diapering on to catch the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozza1979 View Post
    Every time I apply baby powder it gets everywhere...
    I change around 3 times per day at home, always powdering up. If I don't, I have skin issues.

So when I pull out a fresh diaper, I open it fully and lay it down in front of the diaper cabinet. I stand above, strattling it, and apply corn starch to the insides of both of my thighs and the neighbors. What doesnt' stick falls down into the waiting diaper. I use cornstarch here because my skin there is really easy to get irritated, and absolutely catches FIRE if there's talc present. Corn starch keeps my skin there much healthier.

Then I pick it up and use the wall technique (actually with a door) and tape up. After straightening out the inner wings on both sides, I go back to the cabinet and pull out the talc. I pull the left and right wings away from my hips and drop in a little powder on both sides. Some of that will eventually fall down and onto the floor, but not much. This talc is needed to help the skin on my hips to breathe. If I start to sweat on the sides and that unpadded plastic sticks, I get the most amazing crop of pimples on the sides of my hips. And they itch, bad. :P

I usually finish off by placing a little dollop of baby lotion on the tips of my fingers, a bit like you might do with shaving creme. Then I reach back and pull the back of my diaper open and apply inside, to keep my cheeks from chaffing when they rub as I walk. (more skin issues, lucky me)

Over the course of a few weeks, a fine white powder develops on the floor right in front of the cabinet. It's unavoidable. There's also a fine white film on the top of the cabinet and on the shelves inside. Once that stuff gets airborne, it's just going to settle everywhere nearby. There's really no way to avoid it.

I'm slightly surprised that the cornstarch that falls onto the diaper doesn't fall out when I pick it up to put it on. It gets held by just the back end for a short while, and I don't see a buildup of white at the door where I normally tape up. But I suppose it depends on why you're powdering up. For me it's entirely to keep my skin happy. I'll either get pimples on the sides of my hips or get severely irritated skin on the insides of my thighs if I go without.