Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An old friend I was looking for - Peachy.

Default An old friend I was looking for - Peachy.

Hi guys.

I met a guy called Peachy back on this website in about 2005. I chatted to him but never saw him after about 2010 when MSN started becoming pretty unpopular to chat on.

So I came back here to take a look at the new community, went to look at his profile, and lo and behold, he has been banned.

May I ask what happened there? And if he's ever around elsewhere?

As far as I know, which is very little (and hopefully this won't get me in any trouble for blabbing)...he met with someone on ADISC in RL that was under 18. I think the teen told one of the mods and BAM! Peacy was banned. ...at least I think that's what happened. Feel free to correct me!

yeah, something like that, and i think peachy was a mod himself at the time, so it was a big deal. Wasn't he a mod himself?

Yep, Peachy was a mod. It feels like forever since I've seen him though...kinda brings me back to my early days on ADISC.

It happened in the UK and the person was 16 or 17 and that is legal where they are but this website follows the USA laws and in some states it's 18 while in some other states the age of consent is 16 or 17. He didn't really do anything wrong but he got banned because the user was under 18 whom he met up with in real life. I think it was to make this site look good because if he wasn't banned, we would all look bad. Correct me if I am wrong anyone, especially Moo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    yeah, something like that, and i think peachy was a mod himself at the time, so it was a big deal. Wasn't he a mod himself?
    Peachy was a mod in the past, but he stepped down from staff over a year prior to being banned.

Thats a shame, I think I met him online when DPF was still a big deal, hope he's doing ok, never seemed to be the type to try to seduce or court anyone underage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aby View Post
    Thats a shame, I think I met him online when DPF was still a big deal, hope he's doing ok, never seemed to be the type to try to seduce or court anyone underage.
    Well there's been a ban on talking of that matter on adisc since it happened and Moo's apparently never going to unban him.

From what I understood, everything was legal though.

The controversy is that where Peachy lives, which I believe to be in Germany, his meet-up was entirely legal and there is no indication nor proof that any sexual activity was involved.

However, the gist is that he did meet up with what the United States (where ADISC is located) considers a minor, which goes against ADISC rules. There may be a few people here who are in regular contact with him who may be able to tell you how to also get into contact with him, so maybe one of those people will send you a message privately.

Actually, ADISC was originally a UK-based website. I'm not too sure about it these days though, but in any case Moo was trying to cover himself in the US, the dominant market for this domain.