Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We all have reasons

Default We all have reasons

Being a gay furry diaper-wearing bushwacker living in the sage-steppes of Wyoming, I haven't always had the chance to really embrace all the facets of my life as often as I would like. I'm a diaperfur/diaperlover through and through, and have gone 24/7 on several occasions, but life gets in the way sometimes. I can't realistically go padded on a weeklong hike in a wilderness zone, it just doesn't work. I've got new flatmates, so the at home thing has even had to go onto the backburner for a while. The point being, we all have reasons for 'taking a break' from time to time, and for differing lengths of time. Some are social, as my current hiatus from my sorely missed padding, others are logistical, monetary or even simple embarrassment. So, anyone who either is or has gone for a stretch in "grown-up underwear" please share your stories.

Hey, Zedd, You bring-up many aspects of being a DL that I can certainly relate to. Life most certainly gets in the way for all of the reasons you stated.
    I love to wear/use when I go camping, but my buddies would laugh me out of existence if they ever found out
    'Taking a break' is exactly what it is. Pure and simple.
    Sometimes, when I can't wear, it really bugs me. Having to "wear grown-up underwear," though, is not a big deal for me as it makes the experience of finally being diapered a much more fulfilling.experience.
    Good luck to you, and thanks for a relevant thread........

It's been a long while since I had a break of any significance. My desires wax and wane but it's rare to go more than a couple weeks without a noteworthy urge and I try to yield to those when they occur.

The most significant one I can think of happened years ago, before I joined the precursor to this site. One morning I woke up and looked at the diapers in my closet and I didn't want them at all. At this point, I had been living on my own for some time and indulging when the mood struck. I was past the point of purges, and while I wasn't happy to be an ABDL, I accepted that it wasn't likely to change. I see this as different from my purge feelings where I still desired diapers but despised myself more for wanting them. When I saw them in the closet, they weren't bad, they just made me laugh a bit that I could have ever wanted them.

While this was an unprecedented feeling for me, I pushed it aside and went on about my business. Over weeks it persisted and although I made some attempts to keep up with online prowling, that wasn't of any interest either. I didn't miss it. After about a month, I strongly considered getting rid of my stash. However, I decided to hold off since this situation wasn't all that likely to last and I could certainly dispose of stuff later. It really seemed like I would have no further use of diapers. This feeling or lack of feeling about diapers persisted for almost three months and it finally came back with no surge or fanfare, it just came back like normal and I went on about my business. I have no idea what caused it and while I'm happy being an ABDL at this point, I'd be interested to have that happen again just because it was such an unusual state of being for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    This feeling or lack of feeling about diapers persisted for almost three months and it finally came back with no surge or fanfare, it just came back like normal and I went on about my business.

I've actually experienced this feeling, though unrelated to diapers. While I was a ski-instructor I was also a very heavy drinker, not full blown alcoholism, but definitely on the upper end of social. Then one day I just didn't have any feelings, one way or the other about it. I got home, poured my usual Guinness, and had no desire to drink it. I went almost 6 months without as much as a glass of wine, there was absolutely no desire or want of any kind. I agree with you, it's a very weird experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedd View Post
    I've actually experienced this feeling, though unrelated to diapers. While I was a ski-instructor I was also a very heavy drinker, not full blown alcoholism, but definitely on the upper end of social. Then one day I just didn't have any feelings, one way or the other about it. I got home, poured my usual Guinness, and had no desire to drink it. I went almost 6 months without as much as a glass of wine, there was absolutely no desire or want of any kind. I agree with you, it's a very weird experience.
    That's interesting to hear. I haven't studied up on that kind of thing. The only trigger I can think of that is commonly associated with loss of interest in things that were previously important is depression. I don't think that was the case as I was my regular, happy self, just with the diaper desire removed. Other kinks stepped into the breach and I went on about my business.

recently, i...found...a bellisimo that i over looked. it's been sitting in the trunk of my car ever since; and i've noticed a signifigant decrease in my desire to wear. prior to this i was tempted to buy more; but, by just having this one, i don't feel as...starved, if that's the right word.

Maybe it's some kind of 'sensory overload' response. the subconscious may want to take a break to do something different for a while

I could probably count on my hands the number of times I've worn over the past two to three years. My desire has pretty much completely gone, and I don't really know why. Take this thread of mine from seven months ago, for instance: http://www.adisc.org/forum/ec-forum/...abdl-side.html. Since I posted that thread, I've worn, I think, three times in total. Two of the three times were just me throwing one on for bed, and one was about a two-day stretch of wearing where I actually wanted to wear. Aside from that, I've had very little interest in it.

Since September when I wrote that thread, I got a job, started on other projects around the house, and have had a smattering of things going on that aren't so noteworthy as to warrant detailing here. Aside from the job, though, very little has changed. I still have all the access to diapers I could ever want, given that my partner wears 24/7 by choice and I have a stockpile of cloth diapers, yet I have very little desire to wear them. I still have no idea why this situation persists nor of how long it will. I still miss my ABDL desires, too.

I don't really know what to offer in terms of advice. If you're longing to wear but cant, look for your opportunities and maybe try to make them. If you're not wanting to wear, then hopefully it'll come back.

I just posted on another thread about this phenomenon. For some of us the "purge" might be just as a part of us as the ABDL. Has anybody else come to that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by HokieABDL View Post
    I just posted on another thread about this phenomenon. For some of us the "purge" might be just as a part of us as the ABDL. Has anybody else come to that conclusion?
    I would differentiate between purges, waxing and waning desire, and the absence I had. When I had purging feelings, I still wanted diapers but my self-loathing was greater than my desire. It was based in anxiety and tended to be relatively short-lived. Waxing and waning of desire feels like my normal state, and it applies to anything I like. Sometimes I want an apple more than others or want to hear a certain kind of music. I'm not purging, it's just something strikes my fancy more than another thing. It feels like it's something I could plot out on a chart with data points of positive desire (they no longer go negative), which are typically on the low side but having periodic spikes. The absence would have just been a three month period of zeroes, which was the thing I didn't have any previous context for.