Thread: Hello to subthread

Default Hello to subthread

Hi everyone. I've posted in other areas but not here. I am some what new to this as I'm attempting to force myself to communicate with others. Most of you seem so sure of yourselves and confidant. That just isn't me though I wish it was.

This sub forum scares me a bit more than others as I am having to break through some very hammered in conceptions and accept a bit more about myself than I am use to. I have spent much time reading articles and posts mostly in an attempt to figure myself out. I wish I could say I'm ecstatic about the realization that this is probably the best fit/place for me but it is kinda tough accepting who I am at the moment..I am trying though.

This isn't a new discovery as much as a confession to myself that I have always been like I am. I am attempting to put myself out there by making assertions about who I am. I've had to change my profile a few times because I wasn't sure how to characterize who I am or until recently, what all the tags and possibilities even were.

I will not get into my specifics too much except to say I think I am a lg/ab. I don't know exactly when or how I came to be this except it all started for me around the age of 5 and it has taken me this long to come to grips with it.

So any way if I respond in a way that doesn't seem right or if I don't have the terminology right please forgive me. I will try to keep personal drama down but I am going through a substantial bit of that at the moment. I look forward to talking to you all. Thanks and hi again.

Quote Originally Posted by bfp2 View Post
    Hi everyone. I've posted in other areas but not here. I am some what new to this as I'm attempting to force myself to communicate with others. Most of you seem so sure of yourselves and confidant. That just isn't me though I wish it was.

This sub forum scares me a bit more than others as I am having to break through some very hammered in conceptions and accept a bit more about myself than I am use to. I have spent much time reading articles and posts mostly in an attempt to figure myself out. I wish I could say I'm ecstatic about the realization that this is probably the best fit/place for me but it is kinda tough accepting who I am at the moment..I am trying though.

This isn't a new discovery as much as a confession to myself that I have always been like I am. I am attempting to put myself out there by making assertions about who I am. I've had to change my profile a few times because I wasn't sure how to characterize who I am or until recently, what all the tags and possibilities even were.

I will not get into my specifics too much except to say I think I am a lg/ab. I don't know exactly when or how I came to be this except it all started for me around the age of 5 and it has taken me this long to come to grips with it.

So any way if I respond in a way that doesn't seem right or if I don't have the terminology right please forgive me. I will try to keep personal drama down but I am going through a substantial bit of that at the moment. I look forward to talking to you all. Thanks and hi again.
    i have noticed you around lately, welcome, and please feel at home where ever you find yourself in ADISC.....

i understand your trepidations concerning this forum in particular, but please be at ease here. i assure you that this is probably one of the friendliest places in ADISC.....
    though i do admit that the folks that frequent this forum may indeed be prone to a bit more self-awareness and inner enlightenment than your average joe. as like you, many here are somewhere on their own personal road to gender-awareness.... (soft smile)
    a path that at first, i freely admit, can be culturally intimating and down right scary.

forgive me for ease-dropping as it were, but before addressing you, i read all that you had posted thus far in ADISC to better understand just what you might be looking for and how i might better make you feel at home here in the sissy/LG forum.

so i know a bit about your life-long feelings of gender-incongruity, i have experienced them myself.... and too, i think that this might just be a safe place within ADISC for you to explore and maybe try to deal-with or even express and bring to light those feeling as and when you become more comfortable in doing so.

there is everyone that you could ever hope to meet on the gender spectrum here in this forum, a vast store house of life experience. yours for the asking. so please just take your time and look around. someone will always be happy to help.....

good luck with your quest;
    lodge wrecker....

Thank you so much for the reply and the welcome. I think I did things a bit backwards than I was supposed to, I still haven't done the intro section. I'm newish from an account stand point but I've been reading posts/lurking as a guest here for a while. I hope I haven't come on too strong and said too much....but this is the first time I've decided to open up on a forum like this ever and I guess I jumped in with both feet. Some because of the encouraging replies to others like the one you just gave me and some because for the first time I felt like I found a place that I could relate to others.

It has been a a long strange trip and most places/sites I've been to focused on sissies sex and humiliation. It wasn't really me just the closest thing I could find. I came here after internet searches brought me by and one day I found the article that talked about sissies and LGs on this site. I had never heard of LGs before but after reading the description I felt like it better described me.

I'm still not sure of every aspect of who I am but I've come closer to finding me here than any where else. Thank you again for the welcome hopefully I can make some real friends here.

Quote Originally Posted by bfp2 View Post
    Thank you so much for the reply and the welcome. I think I did things a bit backwards than I was supposed to, I still haven't done the intro section. I'm newish from an account stand point but I've been reading posts/lurking as a guest here for a while. I hope I haven't come on too strong and said too much....but this is the first time I've decided to open up on a forum like this ever and I guess I jumped in with both feet. Some because of the encouraging replies to others like the one you just gave me and some because for the first time I felt like I found a place that I could relate to others.

It has been a a long strange trip and most places/sites I've been to focused on sissies sex and humiliation. It wasn't really me just the closest thing I could find. I came here after internet searches brought me by and one day I found the article that talked about sissies and LGs on this site. I had never heard of LGs before but after reading the description I felt like it better described me.

I'm still not sure of every aspect of who I am but I've come closer to finding me here than any where else. Thank you again for the welcome hopefully I can make some real friends here.
    well... you just made one (smile).
    and i am sure many more to follow....