Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Conservative AB/DL's

Default Conservative AB/DL's

This isn't an argument/debate thread.

I just feel like I'm the only staunchly conservative AB/DL on here. Maybe I just don't pay enough attention - but are there any other people on here willing to confess as staunchly conservative, Tea Partying Republicans?

I've always figured a few things...

1. The internet is dominated by liberals and anarchists

2. Conservatives are less likely to find a site like this, let alone register and be a part of it

3. I (as a conservative) feel more likely to be attacked for doing anything contrary to the khaki pants, pressed tie, missionary baby making sex only "idea" of a conservative male - ESPECIALLY on the internet.

Well, I hate classifying myself as one political group over another. The whole "Left vs Right" atmosphere of today really wears thin on me, especially whenever I'm at a friend's house and they insist on watching the news. :P But, what I can tell you is, based on my spiritual/religious beliefs, I suppose I do lean more to the right than to the left. I dislike both parties, but I have a stronger sense of sympathy for Republicans over Democrats.

Again, based on my personal views, I suppose.

F*ck politics.

Sorry - I don't mean this insulting - but the way this "Line" is drawn just doesn't do anyone any good...
    Liberals, Conservatives, Right-Wing, Left Wing... etc. what happened to common sense and balance.

When I vote I'm neither Right nor Left - it really depends on the issue at hand and the respective solutions provided.

And generally what I do in my own home in terms of being either conservative or liberal or whatever is my business and the last thing I want to do is to push my believes unto others...
    But this is maybe the one thing that really drives me towards anger at times: when people (more so the conservative camp) tries to push their ideology unto the rest of society because they think it's "morally wrong or right" to do / do not do this or that. I do feel that there is less of the moral stuff coming from the liberal side of political views.
    Also the tie-in with christian religion for most conservative politics as to me an absolute no-go. For one I'm am probably as non-religious as it will get and on another note I am a firm supporter of secularism - the complete separation of state and religion and I don't want "your" religious views on my political table. The God(s) can stay at home, the churches, the temples, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by PaciAlone
    This isn't an argument/debate thread.

I just feel like I'm the only staunchly conservative AB/DL on here. Maybe I just don't pay enough attention - but are there any other people on here willing to confess as staunchly conservative, Tea Partying Republicans?

I've always figured a few things...

1. The internet is dominated by liberals and anarchists

2. Conservatives are less likely to find a site like this, let alone register and be a part of it

3. I (as a conservative) feel more likely to be attacked for doing anything contrary to the khaki pants, pressed tie, missionary baby making sex only "idea" of a conservative male - ESPECIALLY on the internet.

You are not alone, however I won't say any thing more publicly as to not make enemies/start a flame war. pm me if you wish to talk further.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    F*ck politics.

Sorry - I don't mean this insulting - but the way this "Line" is drawn just doesn't do anyone any good...
    Liberals, Conservatives, Right-Wing, Left Wing... etc. what happened to common sense and balance.

When I vote I'm neither Right nor Left - it really depends on the issue at hand and the respective solutions provided.
    Agreed. Totally.

Where do you live?

I know Liberals in America are still considered Conservatives everywhere else due to how far right the entire country is compared to other countries, whether or not the people within it identify as leaning anywhere close to right.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    F*ck politics.

And generally what I do in my own home in terms of being either conservative or liberal or whatever is my business and the last thing I want to do is to push my believes unto others...
    But this is maybe the one thing that really drives me towards anger at times: when people (more so the conservative camp) tries to push their ideology unto the rest of society because they think it's "morally wrong or right" to do / do not do this or that. I do feel that there is less of the moral stuff coming from the liberal side of political views.
    Also the tie-in with christian religion for most conservative politics as to me an absolute no-go. For one I'm am probably as non-religious as it will get and on another note I am a firm supporter of secularism - the complete separation of state and religion and I don't want "your" religious views on my political table. The God(s) can stay at home, the churches, the temples, etc...
    From beginning to end, completely agree with everything.

I am right of center. for lack of a better term.

If I take some test they say I am liberal. If I take others they say I am wishy washy. Then If I take a personality similarity test I came out as the dolly lama type.

So I think the conservatives go a to far on the one hand, as the "world owes me a living" types go to far other way.

Cherub

I am independent. I am neither Republican or Democrat. I see good and bad on BOTH sides of the political landscape. When I vote I look at the issue, not which one a particular party is going for. I consider myself conservative, however, to some, I am not conservative enough. I try to live my life according to my own moral code and convictions based on scripture. It's not always the most popular route to take.

Some people will try to take what I say and twist it around. If that's their opinion, they are entitled to it. I do not push my views or convictions over onto anyone. To anyone who wants to know, I will explain my thoughts and feelings. Explaining something is not the same as pushing an agenda.

That's my thoughts on conservative AB/DLs.

I am very politically liberal and, quite frankly, a bit saddened to see such a strong statement against politics in general. I love thinking about complex policy issues and trying to think about what is good or bad for large numbers of people. I might not always be right, but I'm always eager to learn more about the issues.

In response to conservatives generally, I don't have a problem with fiscal conservativism, or a belief in small government even though I personally disagree with those positions. I would, however, find it quite strange if we had any staunch social conservatives posting on a board dedicated to supporting a very non-standard sexual attraction or lifestyle choice.