Thread: Diapers for summertime

Default Diapers for summertime

My friend is about to drive me out so I can pick up some diapers. Any good diapers out there that stay cool and can breathe for summer time? It gets hot easily at night.

I tend to avoid diapers in the summer really. sucks they don't go on sale as seasonal items as I use them. :P

Generally any diaper thick or thin will be hot during the summer including cloth backed diapers. If you use a decent fan to blow on you, it makes things a little more pleasant.

I'm with metalmann. There's no cool diaper to be found (and I'm not referring to appearance). I would recommend getting some briefs or light training pants so you can still have the feeling of that childish undergarment without the horrid sweat. A speedo might work too. But if you're looking for padding, expect heat to go with it. Your crotch is a very warm place. Combine that with having insulation wrapped around it and heat on the outside of it and you're going to become a bit uncomfortable. You could always reserve wearing to night time or get some pull-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    Generally any diaper thick or thin will be hot during the summer including cloth backed diapers. If you use a decent fan to blow on you, it makes things a little more pleasant.
    Yup, buy a fan and just make it blow on you and its actualy pretty good to be in diapers on summer time, just dont go running/walking in diapers cause you will be sweating like a watertruck x)

Quote Originally Posted by Puffs View Post
    Yup, buy a fan and just make it blow on you and its actualy pretty good to be in diapers on summer time, just dont go running/walking in diapers cause you will be sweating like a watertruck x)
    I actually have a window A/C unit, nothing expensive, about $150. With a high velocity fan in front of it. It helps circulate the cool air around the room. The fan blows the cool air on me. I live in Louisiana, humidity here is terrible most of the year. Sometimes if I'm out and about, I've felt dizzy because of the heat.

If you just want to wear a diaper and not use it, you could get some cloth training pants from Baby Pants. I wear the "Almost a Big Kid" which are light weight. If you want to wet your diaper, then a disposable is going to be uncomfortable in the summer.

Since I live in North Texas and wear for need. I wear my plastic backed disposables in the morning. I try to due my outdoor activity then
    while it's cooler. Then I stay in the AC for the rest of the day.