Thread: Chances to act 'young' as a kid

Default Chances to act 'young' as a kid

I've suddenly just remembered a fun few days I had when I was 14 that gave me the opportunity to act slightly immature and childishly and was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences that they can look back on with very fond memories? I'm not talking about suddenly getting to wear diapers in public for a time or anything like that as I doubt that has really happened, but something similar to my example.

First the background: When I was 14 I went on a 5-day/4-night music course, which was open to people from ages 9-17 I think. The list of everyone attending was sent round in advance and it included everyone's ages. I noticed I was literally the only one near my own age. There were loads of 10-12 year olds and loads of 16/17 year olds and then me. As I had recently begun exploring my ab/dl side, and thought this might be a chance to feel childish, safe in the knowledge that I would never see any of these people again after 5 days. When I arrived I was told that there was a dorm for the older boys and 2 dorms for the younger ones and because of the odd circumstances I could just choose whichever one I wanted as there were spare beds in each room. I told them, and my dad, I would probably go with the older boys. After saying good-bye to dad and persuading him he didn't need to help me unpack, I went to the dorms and deliberately found the dorm that consisted mostly of 11/12yos by checking name labels on suitcases.

I had packed 3 of my plushies, which I liked to sleep with at home but never took anywhere else. Seeing that some of the other kids in the room that had already arrived had teddy-bears of some sort on their beds I unpacked them and put them on my bed. I also unpacked my old pyjamas, which were a little small as I hadn't worn any for almost 2 years, and put them on my bed. Finally, I had packed some old briefs which I hadn't got round to throwing out despite having switched to boxers some time previously. I unpacked these, leaving the boxers I had packed in my suitcase under my bed. The room was empty at the time, so I quickly changed out of the boxers I was wearing and into a pair of y-fronts. All that was left for me to do was at some time later when one of the adults saw me in that room was to shrug it off and say "yeah, I accidentally got the wrong room, but I've unpacked now and I can't be bothered to move now".

During the days I spent most of the time chatting with the older kids, but it was in the evenings I was able to feel like a "little kid" (albeit only a couple of years younger). We always watched a film in the evening, but obviously a separate one for the older kids. I always choose to watch the film with the younger kids, which was usually Disney, giving some excuse to the elder ones like "I've seen it before and I don't like it, I'll probably go and read in my room". When it came to getting ready for bed I would take my trousers off but then not get round to putting my pj bottoms on till much later, allowing everyone to see my briefs, and I loved getting into conversations about pokemon or something similarly childish. Of course in bed I would cuddle my plushies openly, and I distinctly remember one night having got into bed one of the other boys told me to come over to his bed to watch something so I went over and set on his bed whilst still cuddling whichever plushy I had been holding when he called me over.

None of these particular things may seem like much, but the combination of openly cuddling soft toys, wearing briefs rather than boxers (especially as even some of the boys younger than me wore boxers!), watching cartoon films, wearing pyjamas for the first time in ages and having an earlier bedtime than usual made me feel especially little, but I never looked out of place to the other kids as I was, by and large, acting the same as them.

No idea what has caused me to suddenly remember all this quite so vividly, but I've spent the last couple of hours with some very fond memories! Sorry for the long post.

Although I can't remember a time I was able to act littler like you I enjoyed reading about your experience, it brought back fond memories of when I would have sleepovers at my mates house and would play pretend spy games, and read comics under the covers with a torch so his mum thought we were asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by babypete42 View Post
    I've suddenly just remembered a fun few days I had when I was 14 that gave me the opportunity to act slightly immature and childishly and was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences that they can look back on with very fond memories? I'm not talking about suddenly getting to wear diapers in public for a time or anything like that as I doubt that has really happened, but something similar to my example.

First the background: When I was 14 I went on a 5-day/4-night music course, which was open to people from ages 9-17 I think. The list of everyone attending was sent round in advance and it included everyone's ages. I noticed I was literally the only one near my own age. There were loads of 10-12 year olds and loads of 16/17 year olds and then me. As I had recently begun exploring my ab/dl side, and thought this might be a chance to feel childish, safe in the knowledge that I would never see any of these people again after 5 days. When I arrived I was told that there was a dorm for the older boys and 2 dorms for the younger ones and because of the odd circumstances I could just choose whichever one I wanted as there were spare beds in each room. I told them, and my dad, I would probably go with the older boys. After saying good-bye to dad and persuading him he didn't need to help me unpack, I went to the dorms and deliberately found the dorm that consisted mostly of 11/12yos by checking name labels on suitcases.

I had packed 3 of my plushies, which I liked to sleep with at home but never took anywhere else. Seeing that some of the other kids in the room that had already arrived had teddy-bears of some sort on their beds I unpacked them and put them on my bed. I also unpacked my old pyjamas, which were a little small as I hadn't worn any for almost 2 years, and put them on my bed. Finally, I had packed some old briefs which I hadn't got round to throwing out despite having switched to boxers some time previously. I unpacked these, leaving the boxers I had packed in my suitcase under my bed. The room was empty at the time, so I quickly changed out of the boxers I was wearing and into a pair of y-fronts. All that was left for me to do was at some time later when one of the adults saw me in that room was to shrug it off and say "yeah, I accidentally got the wrong room, but I've unpacked now and I can't be bothered to move now".

During the days I spent most of the time chatting with the older kids, but it was in the evenings I was able to feel like a "little kid" (albeit only a couple of years younger). We always watched a film in the evening, but obviously a separate one for the older kids. I always choose to watch the film with the younger kids, which was usually Disney, giving some excuse to the elder ones like "I've seen it before and I don't like it, I'll probably go and read in my room". When it came to getting ready for bed I would take my trousers off but then not get round to putting my pj bottoms on till much later, allowing everyone to see my briefs, and I loved getting into conversations about pokemon or something similarly childish. Of course in bed I would cuddle my plushies openly, and I distinctly remember one night having got into bed one of the other boys told me to come over to his bed to watch something so I went over and set on his bed whilst still cuddling whichever plushy I had been holding when he called me over.

None of these particular things may seem like much, but the combination of openly cuddling soft toys, wearing briefs rather than boxers (especially as even some of the boys younger than me wore boxers!), watching cartoon films, wearing pyjamas for the first time in ages and having an earlier bedtime than usual made me feel especially little, but I never looked out of place to the other kids as I was, by and large, acting the same as them.

No idea what has caused me to suddenly remember all this quite so vividly, but I've spent the last couple of hours with some very fond memories! Sorry for the long post.
    dawww not to sounds jealous or anything but i never did any of that stuff as a kid the closest i got to that was getting into trouble for talking past our lights out time.

It's always interesting when past memories decide on their own to break through into the conscious present. This has been happening to me more and more. Some of them are innocent and bring a feeling of comfort, that warm sweet feeling, like your camp experience. Some are not so nice.

When I was 11 I was befriended by my mom's boss's son, a boy one or two years older. He had a very domineering personality, and he took great pleasure in pressuring me to do many things. We often got into trouble, but more than that, he wanted some sort of sexual gratification through me. I wanted to be around him, because he was both tough, and had that undefinable aura of cool. He also made me very uncomfortable, as we had many sleepovers. I spent weeks with him at a beach house. His mother was supposed to be there, but she never was. We were completely on our own. That relationship changed me, something for the worst I'm sure. On rare occasions, those memories come vomiting up.

I'm glad Babypete that you had the opportunity to have such a wonderful, if not almost innocent experience. Cherish it forever.

Quote Originally Posted by babypete42 View Post
    I've suddenly just remembered a fun few days I had when I was 14 that gave me the opportunity to act slightly immature and childishly and was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences that they can look back on with very fond memories?
    I'm an adult leader in my Boy Scout troop and a Den Leader for a group of Cub Scouts. This is for a couple of reasons. One is that I enjoy seeing growth in people, and kids experience some of the most profound growth of their lives. Another is that I want the program to be run in the proper way by someone who has been through the program since the 3rd grade and fully understands it. But the last reason is a selfish one: interacting with these kids gives me an opportunity to be a kid again. When we are doing important things I have on my mature face and I'm being a proper leader and all that. But the moment it hits a bit of leisure time, you can bet I'm the first one to get these kids laughing and playing games or singing songs and doing yells. It's a way for us all to cut loose and feel accepted being our crazy quirky selves. Sometimes though, it is much to the chagrin of certain parents. Lots of them would rather their kids grow up quickly and act like 'proper adults' who should be calm and quiet. Not me. I'm always getting the kids to play a game of tag or rough house a bit because they don't get the chance to do that anywhere else in their lives, especially if they don't have siblings to play with.

I've always felt that kids learn the most when they're laughing and having a good time, and it's a much more enjoyable experience for everyone involved as well. So my troop always promotes silliness and embracing the weird. We make memories through that laughter. Memories that will stick with me for the rest of my life. And if we can all run around during a game and get in shape or promote creative out of the box thinking, then that's all the greater. I love each and every one of those kids like a little brother and it's so heart warming to be a part of their lives and see them leave the meetings and outings with smiles on their faces. Nothings makes me feel younger.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKid25 View Post
    I'm an adult leader in my Boy Scout troop and a Den Leader for a group of Cub Scouts.
    Hi BigKid. I used to be a Scout Leader and left for a variety of reasons (many years ago). Now my kids are in Scouting and I think it is an awesome organisation.

What do you think opinions are like in scouting now? I assume there would still not be any acceptance of AB/DL behaviour if it was known about (usual BS stigma attached in the vanilla world)? I also read about US Scouting only just starting to accept LGBT scouts and leaders.

It must be difficult for you sometimes, but great to be able to help develop young children in to rounded adults, while also enjoying yourself a bit at their level.

I know one day when I was in kindergarten or maybe very early first grade the school bus driver picked me up first at least 10 mins before any other kid. However for whatever reason there was at least 5-point harness car seat on the bus. Either some kid's parents were worried or maybe there was some kid with CP or autism that needed to ride in it. So one day after she picked me up from my house I asked if I could sit in the car seat and I assume rather then contest the idea she simply helped me into it. She of course said that I'll need to hop out of it if the kid comes aboard that day.

I forgot if I stayed in it till the teacher came to get me and other schoolmates off the bus but from that day I knew that car seats were awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by babymt View Post
    Hi BigKid. I used to be a Scout Leader and left for a variety of reasons (many years ago). Now my kids are in Scouting and I think it is an awesome organisation.

What do you think opinions are like in scouting now? I assume there would still not be any acceptance of AB/DL behaviour if it was known about (usual BS stigma attached in the vanilla world)? I also read about US Scouting only just starting to accept LGBT scouts and leaders.
    My friend, those questions are opening up a wormhole of a discussion. In an effort to prevent us from commandeering the thread, I will PM you my answer.

I'm pretty sure I started smoking when I was twelve... Quit when I was fourteen, after some bad experiences, and had some other 'adult experiences' at around that age, so I unfortunately don't think I can relate

Only examples I can think of that happened to me. My cousins where much taller then me. One cousin who was 3 years younger was the same height as me at the time(now he is taller lol) So throwout the years when ever I was around them I'd always hang around my younger cousin and could act younger without anyone seeming to care. For example when I was 7 at Disney world my aunt rented a two person stroller which I ended up using for almost entire day XD. Another time much later I can't remember how old I was, but we where at an indoor play area thing I don't know what they call it but where they have the pipes you climb threw, things like that. You had to be under a curtain height to get in. I was under the height but my younger cousin was just barely over. They let both of us pass tho, that for some reason made me feel really young.