Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stupid trends we still do

Default stupid trends we still do

living in the media capitol of the world, Los Angeles, i see a lot of trends popping up and disappearing with equal frequency. most of them dont make sense, like UGG boots with short shorts, or sagging pants, or wearing oversized headphones around one's neck like some sort of status symbol (El Camino College is full of ratchets and thugs so i see a lot of all these).

for me, i sag sometimes, but never at home or i'd be in trouble.
    also, there's this trend where you tie your flannel/hoodie around your waist while wearing another jacket, i do that sometimes cuz it looks kinda cool even though its extremelty impratcial.
    so,
    what trends do you admit to taking part in?

I'll admit I do the headphones, but I at least have a good pair and not the overpriced Beats crap. Got some Sennheisers.

Other than that I don't follow fashion trends.

Quote Originally Posted by FauxPas View Post
    I'll admit I do the headphones, but I at least have a good pair and not the overpriced Beats crap. Got some Sennheisers.

well thats good, its admirable to not fall into any. and yeah Beats are just a dumb status symbol, only good for showing friends that one wasted his/her money to hear the same song coming from their ipod for $200 more. if you want some good ones, look up German Maestro, theyre super indestructable. theres a video of a guy jumping rope with the cable and drop-kicking them XD

and that trend isnt so bad, but what they do here is they play their music loud while its on their necks, like theyre trying to be cars with little stereos while they walk. another one i just realized i do is my watch. a G-Shock GA201, theyre super mainstream and oppular, and theyre oversized and no better at telling time than any other watch i guess. idk if thats a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by FauxPas View Post

I have done it too, most of the times i am listening to music whit my headphones and someone is triying to talk to me, so i take them of and then forgot that i have then around my neck

well most of wont like me then :p i play my music as loud as i can. when im on the street or in the mall. i think everyone can hear my music as well as me.. hehe the louder the better lolz. especially if its metal.

Quote Originally Posted by tennismad View Post
    well most of wont like me then :p i play my music as loud as i can. when im on the street or in the mall. i think everyone can hear my music as well as me.. hehe the louder the better lolz. especially if its metal.
    its not so much that, its the annoying rap music they blast here lol its funny to watch but yeah its annoying. it just depends on the setting :P

Colorful socks! Nobody sees them through my shoes and pant legs anyways, but I know they are colorful and cheery and cute ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherNinja View Post
    Colorful socks! Nobody sees them through my shoes and pant legs anyways, but I know they are colorful and cheery and cute ^_^
    Ooh yeah I use to do that too, but I did this thing where is roll up some of my pant cuffs to show the socks lol

Yeah I totally know. Kids with their flannel shirts and wallet chains and Nirvana music.