Thread: Toddler Training pants over pull ups

Pulluplover

Default Toddler Training pants over pull ups

Anyone try that? Just thought of it. Sometimes I prefer good nights at work because they are low profile, more discreet. But unlike typical AB diapers an entire day with out leakage is not likely, so if for some reason you cannot change at work in a timely manner....you end up with wet pants. Wonder if a toddler training pants would provide some added security while remaining discreet?

I've been wearing dependeco training pants over my diapers they hold them in place and and catch any of those dreaded pin hole leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by polarbear12 View Post
    I've been wearing dependeco training pants over my diapers they hold them in place and and catch any of those dreaded pin hole leaks.
    This sounds like good advise. Real toddler training pants wouldn't fit you, of course, so you have to look to the adult sized knockoffs. As for cloth training pants, like Baby Pants training pants, you would have to wear plastic pants with them. .

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    This sounds like good advise. Real toddler training pants wouldn't fit you, of course, so you have to look to the adult sized knockoffs. As for cloth training pants, like Baby Pants training pants, you would have to wear plastic pants with them. .
    Would the Baby Pants training pants work over a diaper to help prevent leaks or would I still need plastic pants?

Pulluplover

I tried a little test last night, and while the toddler pants did get soaked around the edges, had I been out on the street I would not have had a huge wet spot on my pants for sure. No terribly uncomfortable as long as you get large enough training pants.

Quote Originally Posted by gnd567 View Post
    Would the Baby Pants training pants work over a diaper to help prevent leaks or would I still need plastic pants?
    No, they wouldn't help. Training pants fit like underwear, which means they ride lower than a diaper and have a much narrower crotch. So, basically, your diaper will be sticking out all around, and therein lies the problem.

If that wasn't the case, though, then they might help a little. The fabric does do a pretty good job of spreading wetness, so a small leak might go unnoticed for quite a while. But a lined plastic pant would still be better.

BTW, I have a couple pairs of the Baby Pants training pants (the thick "My First" variety) and they're great. With vinyl pants over them, they're quite functional as diapers. Not sure about the thinner ones.

I put super undies over my goodnites. That combo seems to work pretty well for me honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by polarbear12 View Post
    I agree with polarbear12 on the Dependeco training pants since they're made with PUL material. I don't have any training pants, but I do
    have the Dependeco PUL diaper covers which would do the same thing. Although they have a little more bulk with the Velcro tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by gnd567 View Post
    Just to add to Cottontail who answered very accurately, cloth only absorbs liquid, but it doesn't contain it from other fabrics. Once the cloth diaper becomes wet, that wetness is transferred to whatever touches it, such as clothes, furniture, car seat, etc. That's why plastic pants are needed. Water can't pass through plastic like it does cloth.