Thread: Ever have a parent react in a funny or light hearted manner?

Tiburon

Default Ever have a parent react in a funny or light hearted manner?

Lots of posts where discovery of diapers by a parent is dealt with in a serious manner. Have you ever had a situation where the reaction was just the opposite?

supafly

Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    Lots of posts where discovery of diapers by a parent is dealt with in a serious manner. Have you ever had a situation where the reaction was just the opposite?
    I don't know if I would call this light-hearted exactly, but my mother found my diapers when she spent a few days on vacation staying here with me. She's always been kind of a busy-body, and she took it upon herself to clean my bedroom while I was out shopping. When I got back from the grocery store and opened the front door, she was standing there holding one of my Tena Slip Maxis.

"Is this your diaper!??" she said in her trademark cackling laugh.

"I, umm, err, I, uhh, I'm not sure?" I blurted out.

"I've always thought of you as my baby boy," she said, still laughing.

I cooked dinner that evening, and she was struggling not laugh the whole time. Things have quieted down since then, but I still catch her smirking at me every now and then.

Neither of mine really made jokes about it. There was one time my dad woke me up for school and he grabbed my plush dog and moved it around on the back of my head saying "Take me for a walk tim." or something along that line. I think that happened before he knew I wanted to wear diapers once again, plus at the time I just started sleeping with it.

Either way, both of my parents know and never really make light of it. At most my mom still wants to cook for me, wash my clothes, etc when I stay with her. But that's her just being as motherly as she wants. She did buy a sleeper from a garage sale once and send it to me though.

I don't think parents think their teenager or adult child wanting to wear diapers and such is a funny/light topic. We can make cases about it being benign compared to a lot of other crud in this world. But it's still totally weird and rather wrong from the perspective of a person who can't get it.

I've posted before about how awesomely accepting my mum and little brother are. They both occasionally make light hearted comments about it. One of the most common examples is them saying that they thought it was past my bedtime when I've phone themů at about 8pm!

My mom was horrible about it, sending me to a psychiatrist and leaving pamphlets around my bedroom, the pamphlets proclaiming, "How to Be a Man!" My wife, however, has called me "her little mover' after the Huggies diaper box, and will make the occasional joke.

Not sure how lighthearted it was, but my mom did find out a while ago when a case of bambinos I ordered got to our house a day earlier than the tracking info initially said (when I was a dumb, non-thinking teenager).

Her reaction was sort of bland, and she seemed more concerned about getting the massive box out of our hallway than anything. She simply asked me to move the box of diapers 'somewhere out of the way' and went on cooking dinner. One other family member of mine (a cousin) does know, but as far as my parents go, my mom is thankfully the only one that's stumbled upon them so far.

My mom will say sometimes I need a diaper change. Last summer on the way to Montana, she said she had to stop for the bathroom as she isn't wearing any incontinent products. Then she asked if anyone needs a diaper change. My husband said she was joking. She is cool with seeing me in them but it's still awkward for me so I prefer to not be seen in them except for my husband.