View Poll Results: What time should I go to bed?

33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7:00 PM

5 15.15%
  • 8:00 PM

2 6.06%
  • 9:00 PM

8 24.24%
  • 10:00 PM

12 36.36%
  • 11:00 PM

6 18.18%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What time should I be going to bed?

Default What time should I be going to bed?

First, some background. My school starts around 7:14 AM. The bus arrives at my house around 6:24 and arrives at the school at 6:45. Walking to the bus pick-up area takes about 5-8 minutes. So, I usually leave at 6:13-6:15. It usually takes me about 30 minutes to get ready in the morning... for a wakeup time of about 5:30-5:45. I usually spend time on my computer beforehand, which is why I like to get up earlier.

Out of habit I've been going to bed around 9:00-10:00 during school nights. Just wondering if I should be going to bed sooner.

Sounds good to me...I'd end up going to bed later, because I'm a night person like that...And I'd just sleep at school...

All depends on how much sleep you need. I'd be very comfortable going to bed at 8, and waking up at 5 every day. But I generally go to bed around 10 or 11 for most of the week and sometimes as late as 2am, then one or two of the days I'll crash at 5 or 6pm, and sleep 'till 5 or 6 in the morning. Guess I catch up on all the sleep I need there.

The average person needs 6-8 hours of sleep. so if you go to bed at 10, you'll be getting 7 and a half hours of sleep. That is a very good number of hours that a lot of people don't get. Your good.

I do something like that. My bus picks me up at 5:45am and I get to school at 6:30 and unforchanetly can't get off the bus intil 7 and school starts at 7:30. I'm usually up around 4:00am and i'm going to bed around 9:40-9:45.

Apparently you are recommended to have 8 hours sleep a night. So 9 o'clock should be about right.

However in my big book of random facts(!) I'm told that a study has shown that people who regularly have 8 hours sleep tend to be less happy.
    Now this is just conjecture, but I think that anybody who regularly gets the recommended anything is just plain square.
    Plus what 15 year old is going to bed before 9?

So just ask yourself: Are you tired?
    If you feel like you're a constant zombie then sleep more, otherwise you're fine.

And to get more sleep you don't have to go to bed any earlier, you could just have a siesta, which lets face it, even sounds more fun.

Go to bed at 11 pm and wake up around 6-7 am. I don't think we need as much sleep as we used to need at least when we are older. I am sure that has to do with us getting used to a faster daily life and staying up late for work or even TV.

Go to bed when you start feeling tired. I find this works for me. If you don't feel tired I doubt you would get to sleep. Even if the average for someone your age is meant to be 8 hours I would say that unless you find you feel tired with less then that, you don't really need to. Based on that 8 hours, I would say that 9 PM was about right, but do you really FEEL tired? The body tells you how it feels for a reason, it wants you to react on this. You eat when you are hungry, you drink when you are thirsty, you sleep when you are tired. At least that is what is meant to happen. Life can get in the way of this but as long as in general you follow the idea that a body not effected by drugs or medical conditions can tell you pretty accurately what it needs and when then you should be okay. I probably only get 5 to 6 hours of sleep a night on average, and some nights I get practically none. Yet I never feel too tired unless I have exerted myself. Just go with what feels right and you can't go too far wrong. Based on your age and averages, however, 9PM sounds about right.

I was thinking 9:30 which is the difference of the two. I function on very little sleep, but I don't like it. Unfortunately I'm also a night owl, so I'm stuck with it. My wife does home dialysis, and I work two jobs, so I can't go to bed until 11 anyway, but it's usually 12. Then the damn machine goes off at 5:30 and I take her off, get myself ready for school, and it's out the door for both of us at 7:35.

I go to bed anywhere from 9-12 on school nights. It just depends on whether I'm tired, and whether I've found an especially good chain of Youtube videos or not