Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New update on goodnites truefit

Lightbulb New update on goodnites truefit

look some images that got my eye. I'm very interested in the true fit idea(Is it a repeat of the boxers ?). Tell us what you think of the packing and idea (would you want to where the same underpants that you peed in the night before or for the week and then wash them). I will update this as i find new images and get some for me . Bye
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 03-Apr-2014 at 06:26. Reason: adding spoiler tags

The boxers were nothing like this, the boxers were some paper like fabric with a pad attached to the inner waistband that were also just a throw away after use. Something interesting about the boxers, was that, the padding was plastic backed underneath the boxer fabric part itself. and was very crinkly. I still have some in my collection.

These aren't exactly a new idea. I've seen online stores selling cloth underwear with absorbent inserts for years, although they were washable inserts instead of disposables. Interestingly, the Amazon Canada site has been getting updates / leaks faster than the US site. It already has product listings for all 4 starter packs (girl/boy, S-M/X-L) and both size insert refill packs. Recently they've been updated with pricing so we might be close to release. IIRC pricing is CDN $24.99 for boy L-XL starter pack and CDN$ 14.99 for the L-XL refill pack.

I am not very optimistic about these for several reasons. The first is selfish in the fact that I know they are going to be significantly smaller than regular goodnites which only barely fit me anyway. The next is I think they are going to leak more than the titanic even for kids who are well within their recommended size range. I have multiple versions of the adult equivilant of this product and all of them are utter crap. They leak even in optimum position and reduced voiding speed (aka not flooding). At nigh when laying down on my side, back, stomach, or any other fathomable position it doesn't matter how much absorbency is added most of the wetness ends up on the sheets not the brief.

With all that said, I am very glad to try a new product and hope that they continue to take risks and make improvements to children's incontinence products. I also hope I am wrong about the trim fit and that it provides the discretion, comfort, and protection that so many struggling kids deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    The boxers were nothing like this, the boxers were some paper like fabric with a pad attached to the inner waistband that were also just a throw away after use. Something interesting about the boxers, was that, the padding was plastic backed underneath the boxer fabric part itself. and was very crinkly. I still have some in my collection.
    By repeate of the boxers I think scoobiedootwo means is this going to be an expensive novelty that ends up losing money for KC and is no longer being made within the next year or two.

A few online stores are listing them, but not for sale yet. I saw them on walgreens' site, but they appear to be instore only and dont list the price. Amazon.ca has them as well as another Canadian retailer London Drugs. The Canadian price is about 25 dollars for the 2 underwear/5 inserts pack.

Doesn't this seem very similar to placing a heavy pad in your panties-briefs ? but yet overpriced for that?

I predict a massive failure again.
    They really need to redesing their pullups. An hybrid baby-adult pullups maybe. Baby cut, but an adult style padding (8 shaped) maybe.

I guess who ever came up with this must got their idea from Trading Card games as far as the packaging configuration goes.

Think about it. (Take it from me who is a MTG (Magic The Gathering) Collector / Newbie Player)

You get an Intro pack or a Duel deck which has already to play decks of cards much like the Starter packs do with the already to go underpants. But unlike the Duel Decks and more like the Intro packs they give you five inserts which the Intro packs in MTG you get two 15 card booster packs. Though in comparison you don't get any chance of having a shiny foil insert for the Goodnites of course. :P

But observation aside I would have to say this would be a great way of keeping your little ones from getting the embarrassment factor. Though you might will want to make the pads ether more absorbent, or make them with more real-estate coverage. (Mainly directed at KC Incorporated)

Out of curiosity, what is your source @scoobiedootwo? Because I did a quick google search, but could find nothing on this product...

Looks like you can now order the trim fit online and someone is even selling a pack on ebay so it looks like the waiting period is coming to its conclusion. I hope I can find a pack or two at my local walmart this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Duper View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is your source @scoobiedootwo? Because I did a quick google search, but could find nothing on this product...
    Amazon.ca just FYI.