Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parent Found My Diapers

Default Parent Found My Diapers

Today has been....exciting, to say the least. I walk home from college and my Mother confronts me. She proceeds to tell me she found my used diapers in my room's trash can. She basically freaked out, and was incredibly confused. An hour later she had calmed down, apologized, and told me whatever I do, whatever I am into, is NOT her business. She said as long as I keep my room clean, she won't invade in my personal space and then proceeded to tell me to use individual bags for diapers because the smell won't be as bad. Have any of you experienced a similar situation? How have your parents reacted?

^-^ sounds like you are lucky, and when i told my mom she just started being confused and she asked if she had done something wrong but at the end she said she wouldnt care so i were allowed to wear em if it was what i wanted ^-^

She's seemed to "accept" it pretty quickly, although I know she will ask about it in the future and she clearly doesn't understand my fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorFilmBoy View Post
    She's seemed to "accept" it pretty quickly, although I know she will ask about it in the future and she clearly doesn't understand my fetish.
    Well i actually told my mom she could ask me stuff just not face2face (i really cant handle upfront talk about diapers) and its better they ask then asuming stuff

Just bag them and throw them in the trashcan outside now.

Well when I see situations like this I just show the OP the following links so they can get ready to explain in better detail (if there's a need to do so) what is happening. I think if you need to reassure your parents that these links will help.

ABDL*-phobia and Misconceptions About ABDL*s - ABout ABDL Home
    Information For Parents Of ABDL Children/Teens - ABout ABDL Home
    How To Be An Ally - ABout ABDL Home

Yes I have done this before but this seems to be useful and at least can cause no harm. If for some reason you or your parents need to talk about this with your parents or anyone else ConnorFilmBoy this would be a great place to start at least. There's also a lot of other useful links on this site that you could use and I would encourage you to at least take a look at them as well.

You got out pretty well. If mine had ever found out, I would have been going to a psychiatrist. If she's down with it, don't worry more over it. She may never like it, but the best you can ask for is acceptance. You are fortunate.

My mom found a used diaper very early on in my DL career and just took it -- didn't say a thing. Over the next decade (until I moved out), I had diapers in my bedroom almost all the time, and my hiding places were nothing special. I've since decided that my parents must have known about my diapers and simply left me alone about them. This would be in keeping with their generally hands-off approach to raising me. They'd both been big-time hippies in the 60's and 70's, and were pretty cool about most things -- except getting bad grades. Both of them were teachers, so bad grades were just not accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorFilmBoy View Post
    Today has been....exciting, to say the least. I walk home from college and my Mother confronts me. She proceeds to tell me she found my used diapers in my room's trash can. She basically freaked out, and was incredibly confused. An hour later she had calmed down, apologized, and told me whatever I do, whatever I am into, is NOT her business. She said as long as I keep my room clean, she won't invade in my personal space and then proceeded to tell me to use individual bags for diapers because the smell won't be as bad. Have any of you experienced a similar situation? How have your parents reacted?
    Probably not the way you expected for your mom to find out but it sounds like it turned out for the better. Some years ago I was feeling lots of anxiety about my AB/Dl and felt like it would be better if I just told someone. I ended up telling my mom one day and at first she was very confused and didn't really understand what I was talking about. She then started blaming herself and asking what she did wrong while I was a child for me to be like this. A little while later she came into my room, hugged me, told me she loved me, and if this is what I like then thats fine with her. We don't really talk about it. Every once in a while I will make a comment (not saying diapers, but making references). I also order diapers from online and for some reason they always deliver while I'm not home but my mom is and she never mentions it.

ConnorFilmBoy, if I were you I would buy your mum a box of chocolates or some flowers (or something that she likes) and say thank you for being my mum. Leave it at that.