Thread: Treat for yeast preventatively?

Default Treat for yeast preventatively?

So within the last year or two, I've become quite yeasty down there. Even before I started wearing diapers, I had a few yeast infections last year. Went to the doctor, and all he said was to use Lotrimin.

Well I got a bad one after I started wearing diapers so I tried something called Triplepaste AF. It was amazing, I felt better in 3 days. It's a barrier cream that has 2% miconazole nitrate. The other "non barrier" creams only have 1%. So this stuff is nice because it's protects against moisture and cures you at the same time.

Well it's spendy, so afterwords I found another "barrier" cream with an antifungul called "Coloplast". It also has 2% miconazole nitrate, so it's probably every bit as good.

Here's the big question, I'm yeasty as hell, don't know why. I use a hair drier on my junk after I shower like my doctor said but I am still very yeast prone.

Can I use an anti-fungal barrier cream preventatively? I can't see why not. I'm tired of balls that literally feel like they are lit on fire when I pee.

I found Baza Antifungal, a 5oz tube which should last a couple weeks, on amazon for $12 shipped and it seems to work well. Any thoughts? BazaŽ Antifungal

-BouncyBoy
    Last edited by BouncyBoy; 01-Apr-2014 at 19:16.

Do you take probiotics or acidophilus?
    They always help me for prevention when I get yeast.
    You might have a bigger underlying issue. Sometimes a person may develop a condition called candida. Is it just down there or are you noticing it in other places. Down there recurring is just the first sign. My mother in law was struggling and she cut back on a lot of sugars and preservatives and she is much better now.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by BebbyDoll View Post
    Do you take probiotics or acidophilus?
    They always help me for prevention when I get yeast.
    You might have a bigger underlying issue. Sometimes a person may develop a condition called candida. Is it just down there or are you noticing it in other places. Down there recurring is just the first sign. My mother in law was struggling and she cut back on a lot of sugars and preservatives and she is much better now.
    Good luck
    Ya it's just down there. It's not chronic, but it's "reoccurant".

Lately I've been taking a homiopathic antifungal daily and 40 billion CFU's of probitic to help built up my healthy flora and try to get right.

I'm not sure what the underlying thing could be. I thought it might be diabetes, but that indicates the issue would be "chronic" where-as I am "re-occurrent", and I don't have any other symptoms.

I understand a low carb diet should help, and I'm contemplating going back on that.

Hopefully it gets worked out. I'm just assuming having pee in your diaper 8 hours at a time makes a nice warm environment for Cadida to grown in so maybe it can't be helped with me because of the long use diapers I use like the Belissimos.

If I can continue to use a barrier cream that has the anti-fungal preventively, I would like that.

I have this problem on occasion.
    I use a cream that is mostly ment to treat athlete foot.
    I take the brand that has the highest clotrimazole %. Often, the store brand is the best bang for my buck.
    Most case are solved in less than 3 days. The cream also reduce the itchyness on the skin. I guess you can use the cream in prevention. Using a barrier cream with an antiphongal in it could be the best prevention, on top of solid hygene routine.

I never wear a wet diaper for longer than needed. I change when I get up in the morning and change as quick as possible after wetting myself during the day. Good breathable diapers are also helpfull.