Thread: A Sweet & Sugary Hello!

Talking A Sweet & Sugary Hello!

Hi! I am Sweet Sugar Dragon (Tell me what nickname I should use!) Normally, I am very shy, but I am excited to be a part of this community.

I am new to the AB world & still figuring out my AB identity. Though I mainly quietly lurk around interesting threads, I hope to get and give advice as well as hearing tips about AB stuff and discuss other topics with others.

Outside of AB/DL culture, I very much enjoy reading and music, more specifically fantasy novels, SciFi or Fantasy movies, historical documentaries, and a verity of music styles. On the internet I spend lots of time on YouTube or reading fan fiction.

Hello & Thank you for reading!
    Last edited by SweetSugarDragon; 28-Mar-2014 at 03:44.

Welcome SSD! I don't think there's really a right way or wrong way to do things here. I think you should just be yourself, enjoy the comfort that you have here, and just make yourself at home.

Hi, welcome to the site. As for a nickname, I'd say whatever or just the name you have now (on the forum). Hopefully be able to find some good information and tips, been a long time since I've been new to AB/DL but remember just how much information there was to learn (even if I didn't use a fair bit of it xD).

You mentioned you like historical documentaries, is there a certain time period you like or just whatever sort of sounds interesting at the time?

I don't have a particular time-period I like best, but my favorite documentary is actually a series called Connections, from back in the seventies with historian James Burke. The idea is a time line of what seem to be unrelated mishaps, coincidences, and discoveries that lead to one important modern invention. While this seems to be more tech based it is a series more about the history of technology. There is also another good series that is very similar (and also made by James Burke) called The Day the Universe Changed. Another favorite documentary is Ape to Man, which is about evolution.

Have a nice Day!

Welcome to ADISC Sweetie, it's a berry big pleasure to meet you! It's a little nervous to be around these sorts of places, and I was so shy when I first joined here too. I'm glad you are excited to be apart though, and I hope you make friends right away. If you need someone to consider your first friend, I'm always willing! Hehe.

Can I ask my new friend a few questions? How about how you first started discovering you might have AB interests? What triggered them and how do you feel about them? With me it started as a need to express a part of my life I wasn't allowed to have but wanted more then anything, and over time it's just become a comfortable way of being for me. I also love Dragons, and reptilian stuff in general. It's one of the things people are always surprised about me, because I'm so pink and sugary most of the time. (They are silly, anyone can love an adorable dragon!) So what is your interest in dragons? Do you consider self a dragon-like furry (there probably is a better word for that I just wouldn't know what it is) or is it just an adorable love of them?

You're going to do great here! I hope you have the most fun you can possibly have. Don't be shy about posting any questions you might have!

Talking

How about how you first started discovering you might have AB interests?
    I first discovered my AB interest by reading a Harry Potter fan-fiction. I read it, thought it was good and moved on. A few days later I reread it. Then I started looking for other stories with the same tags. When I looked up AB/DL online I found ADISC, so I read as many forums as I could until I had to join.

What triggered them and how do you feel about them?
    I don't know why I have AB interests, and I really don't care. It's a safe way I can express myself and my emotions with those I trust and it makes me happy. I guess I was born this way, but it's part of who I am, and I'm having a blast!

What is your interest in dragons? Do you consider self a dragon-like furry or is it just an adorable love of them?
    I love fantasy novels and I feel that they are poorly represented as mean and scary creatures, but I am not a reptilian furry. I would like to explore my furry interests (I like being called a kitten, batting at toys that have feathers or bells, and being scratched behind the ears, but I'm not sure about my furry identity.)

Thank You so much!
    Sweet Sugar Dragon
    Last edited by SweetSugarDragon; 30-Mar-2014 at 04:00.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSugarDragon View Post
    I don't have a particular time-period I like best, but my favorite documentary is actually a series called Connections, from back in the seventies with historian James Burke. The idea is a time line of what seem to be unrelated mishaps, coincidences, and discoveries that lead to one important modern invention. While this seems to be more tech based it is a series more about the history of technology. There is also another good series that is very similar (and also made by James Burke) called The Day the Universe Changed. Another favorite documentary is Ape to Man, which is about evolution.

Have a nice Day!
    I'll have to check out Connections, that sounds like a really cool series! Love learning about things like that. The Day the Universe Changed sounds like an interesting name (and I might like the subject I assume it is on).